chapter 2

junipers leg was bouncing uncontrollably as she was waiting for the call to start.

"15 minutes till the call, you can do this june!" her mom said, as she came into junipers room to give her a snack.

"yeah thanks mom. i'm so nervous, like more nervous than usual for these things." juniper said, sighing as she fiddled with the rings that littered her fingers.

"well who else is in the movie with you? that's probably got something to do with it." her mom said, sitting next to june on her bed.

"uh.. ryan reynolds, emma stone, and walker scobell are the other main characters." juniper said, squinting her eyes shut trying to remember.

"oh god. that is nerve wracking," junes mom said "wasn't that walker kid in another movie with ryan reynolds? the adam project?" mrs. caprio questioned, her brows furrowed.

                                        🤍

"hi everyone! i'm shawn and i'll be directing 'summer in venice'! i'm so excited to be working with you all, will everyone go around and introduce themselves?" shawn exclaimed, excitement radiating off of him.

"hi! i'm emma and i'm so happy to be working with you!"

"i'm ryan, obviously more excited than emma to be working with you guys!"

ryan's jokes were lightening the mood, everyone else visibly relaxing as some of the nerves were brushed away.

"hey, i'm walker. pumped to work with everyone."

even through the zoom screen, this kid was cute. juniper was looking at him, intrigued to work with everyone. especially with walker.

"hi! i'm juniper but you guys can call me june, i'm so happy to be working with everyone!" juniper said, her leg bouncing and she's fidgeting with the her rings under the table.

thank god this is on zoom!

the call consisted of shawn telling everyone one their parts, filming locations, etc.

after the call ended, junipers phone was lighting up.

instagram:
walker.scobell started following you!
vancityreynolds started following you!
emmastone started following you!

oh.my.god. this cannot be happening!
internally, june was freaking out.

trying to keep her composure, she walked downstairs and was greeted by her mom.

"hey junie how was it?" mrs. caprio asked, as she was cooking.

"it was fine. i'm excited to start though. we fly out to italy next saturday." juniper said, the excitement emitting all around the room.

"i know! i'm so sad i can't come with, but i'm so happy for you june-bug. the director emailed me, you and walker will be sharing a room in the hotel. is that ok?" junipers mom questioned.

obviously, juniper and walker are going to be spending a lot of time together. but, sharing a room? that's a bit much.

"uh, yeah. sure." june said. trying to keep her voice monotone, hiding her happiness to be sharing a room with walker.

he's pretty cute, right?