chapter 8

as walker and june lay in their beds, thoughts both filled their minds.

juniper was confused. she had been telling herself that she didn't like the boy, but with every growing day, she felt like maybe she did. small actions made her flustered, and even thinking about him made her smile.

walker, on the other hand, was head over heels. he took every opportunity to talk to june, hang out with her, hold her hand, but his arm over her.

walker felt so protective over june, and june felt so protected by walker.

even junipers mom was noticing. the instagram posts, the way juniper talked about walker, mrs.caprio knew what her daughter felt, and knew rhat walker liked her too.

🤍

the next day, they had an off day from filming.

ryan, emma, walker, and juniper went out for breakfast.

"y'know, this is the best french toast i think i've ever had." walker said, muffled through a mouthful of food.

"ditto!" juniper said, covering her life so food wouldn't fly out her mouth.

"you guys are animals!" emma exclaimed as she sliced her toast, much cleaner than what walker and juniper were doing.

"emma, with all do respect, we live to eat. you, eat to live." ryan said as he stuffed his face full of eggs.

the table erupted with laughter, as usual whenever ryan talks.

as the group continued breakfast, laughing and talking, thoughts filled junes mind.

walker was swirling in her mind. juniper had been quiet for most of the day breakfast, zoning out in her mind.

walker lowered his head and whispered in junes ear as he placed his hand over hers.

"you ok? you seem sad." walker said as his brows furrowed.

"i'm alright, thanks though." june whispered to him.

"okay, just checking." walker patted junes shoulder as he turned away.

🤍

the group disbursed and went back to their rooms. juniper was still deep in thought, staying quiet most of the walk home.

"yo june, what's wrong?" walker said as he closed the door behind them.

"huh? nothings wrong." june replied as she got some clothes from her suitcase. she planned to change into a comfier outfit than what she was in.

"bullshit! you've been so quiet today." walker called out as he walked over to her.

juniper was about to reply back as she turned around. walker was right behind her. this was the closest they've ever been, and june was nervous.

at this point, there noses were less than an inch from each other .

"nothings wrong, walker. i'm just tired." june spoke calmly as she touched his shoulder.

walker grabbed her hand and led them outside. the girl was very confused, but went with it. walker led them to the park bench they sat on the other night.

"walker, why are we here?" the confused girl spoke.

"i don't know. when we were here the other night, it was fun. so i brought us back." walker smiled as he gently grabbed junipers waist and brought her down onto the bench.

when they were both sat, he swung an arm over her and they talked.

walker wished he could stay in this moment forever