"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠!"

You were simply a doctor, and that was even a stretch. You worked in a medical ward on a base in the states, entered the military out of high school, you didn't think you were ready to be an adult yet. Now, 6 years later, you worked as a day care medic for certain sergeants and for experienced and entry level soldiers alike. You knew the people at your base, they trusted you. When people came and went, you were a friendly face that, for people who were screamed at day in and day out, was needed; especially when injured. You referred to yourself as more of a nurse than anything.

So being told you were to be sent off base.. Hell out of the county to work with a 'captain price' and his co-op task force it...was a.. Shock. Okay it scared the shit out of you. You had never seen the field, you were trained in basic Hand to Hand combat and your dad owned a gun but hell you never fucking used it, You had seen what they'd done to people every day and it was awful.

You sat on an empty hospital bed in the infirmary before the light blue curtains around you opened. Next to you was an older white woman, Nancy, aka the only other nurse you really spoke to. She was in her 50's with red dyed straight hair and wrinkles that made her really look her age, but she was pretty, and she was always kind to you. She lifted herself up to sit on the empty bed adjacent to the one you were on. It was quiet for a long time before you spoke up, and Nancy waited the entire time.

"Nancy, have you ever heard of a "Captain John Price" before?"

Confusion and concern flashed on her defined features before pausing to think. She was silent for a moment, recalling all of her years of work before shaking her head.

"I can't say I have honey, why?"

You sighed, beginning to bite at your nails. It was a nervous tic, Nancy glared at your hand as you slowly brought it back down to your lap, fidgeting with your uniform. Nancy had always looked out for you, she'd been here 4 times as long as you and it was like she just stepped on base, just as sweet and caring as ever. You were happy the things she'd seen never changed her outlook. But she grew more and more concerned the longer you were silent, as she spoke up again.

"Is there something wrong? Are we getting new enforcement?"

You knew she'd be upset, even if you two aren't close she always looked out for you, like a mother, just a little more... separated. Though not telling her would just make her worried, and you decided that was worse.

"I'm being relocated. Out of the country, to work on a special ops unit."

Your eyes met hers as she gave a sad smile and stood up to hug you, her grip was tight and there was nothing but joy in her voice as you embraced her as well.

"That's amazing Y/n! You get to see new places! This just proves you're more talented than you think you are!"

She pulled away and you could now see the tears pricking at the corner of her eyes as she spoke.

"I'm so proud of you... when do you leave?"

You smiled, and whispered quietly.

"...Tomorrow..."

*̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆ *̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆ *̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆*̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆*̩̩̥͙ -•̩̩͙-ˏˋ⋆

You turned around, waving to Nancy and a few of the other operatives as you stood at the base of the stairs leading up to the transport aircraft, an almost more lavish C-47. you cupped a hand to the side of your mouth and yelled to Nancy before being led up the steps.

"I'll call you! I promise!"

You heard her yell something back but the jets made it nearly impossible to make out. Guided by a soldier and a pilot, you were shown to the area where you'd spend the next 12 hours of your life while being transported. It was weird to think of yourself as some kind of precious good that needed protecting while being flown to base, but that's how you were treated.