𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

(Warning! This chapter does contain mentions of death, blood, and things along those lines. Then again, this is a cod fic, you know what's up.)

The ride was the calmest part.

You thought about begging price to let you stay on overwatch with König, but your pride couldn't take that kind of a hit. Half the team already considered you a liability, and you were in that half. It was really soap and gaz who had just changed their minds about things, they believed in you, and you were happy both of them did so, but that still didnt raise your confidence, only your hopes.

Just like your plane ride to base just a few weeks prior, you opted to stick to yourself, though this time you couldn't sleep through it. You found yourself fading in and out of focus, almost like a dissociation, though you could still hear your surroundings. You heard mumblings of the mission, of you, and of.. König, oddly enough. The voice the whispers came from was deep with some kind of accent... duh, everyone here had accents.

" they sent könig here from kortac price doesnt even let him on the mission to find the arsehole were lookin' for..."

What the fuck was kortac? Was könig meant to be here? I mean he was, clearly, but...

Your mind was so caught up with thinking if you'd die tonight or not that you couldn't even complete a normal thought. God you were a fucking wreck. You wish you had your music, something to ease your anxiety... you rose your hand to your mouth, taking one of your gloves off and biting your nails again. It made you think of Nancy, how she always scolded you for that little nervous tick of yours. You wondered how she was doing. You'd talked a few times, she scolded you for not calling her the first day like you'd promised, but your conversations with her had been lovely. You hoped she was okay.

Thoughts of base, of Nancy and wanting to call her if you survived this are what got you through the plane ride. Nancy had helped you alot more than you realized, even from a few thousand miles away.

You felt that stare again as you heard price stand, barking orders at you and your teammates. You didn't know if it was König or not seeing as you were a little preoccupied trying to wrap your head around what you were being told, but something about being watched by a gentler presence while you rose and were handed a kilo 141, small handgun that you attached to your hip like some sort of mall cop with a power trip, and a standard combat knife, made you feel a little better.

Thanks König..

You and your teammates were dropped off about a mile out from a facility in the Altai mountains. the moment you arrived close enough to the ground were ushered out of the aircraft, sliding down a thick rope that surely would have given you burns without your thick gloves. You decided it was best to shut the fuck up and follow orders from ghost, who had slid down before you. If you weren't here to find a global threat who violated many international security laws, this place would be stunning, with its snow peaked mountains and beautiful rivers... you're starting to sound like the travel blog you read about this place last night... god you need to get off the internet.

You followed in ghosts footsteps on pace. You were last in the order, trekking behind soap, who was looking back to you every few minutes reassuringly. You werent too high up in the mountain range and yet you couldnt fucking breath. The sliver of what was left of the rational part of your brain knew that you'd be fine for the most part, certainly a dirty look from a ghost or two but you'd survive, right?

The closer you got the more terrified you were, the reality began to set in. you were going to kill someone. You were going to kill a lot of people. People with families, kids, wives or husbands. You tried to push the reality of what you were going into to the back of your mind, these were bad people, very fucking bad people. You had to think of this differently before you freaked to fuck out.