"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞."

You and König spoke for a while, and by spoke you mean you both sat in silence with the occasional check up on each other. It was nice, though, after what you found to be comfortable silence, König broke it with an unexpected question.

"Are you scared of me?"

You didn't know how to answer. Your gut reaction was to say no, as not to hurt his feelings. You wanted him to like you, and you hoped he did! But despite that you did fear him, if not just a little. Maybe fear was the wrong word...

"...it's more like you... Intimidate me. I can see how strong you are... a-and that's not a bad thing!"

You quickly tried to save yourself before you saw him bring the now fully visible blade to his face. He was simply inspecting it but something about the way he handled it shook you to your core... in a wonderful way.

He held one ungloved hand to the tip of the blade, the other bare hand to the handle. This was the first time you'd ever seen his skin, it was strangely intimate. His hands had some defined veins, his nails were painted black, which surprised you. He spun the blade in his left hand, his right pointer lightly tracing the edge, not hard enough to cut himself.

The part that got you the most? He was looking at you. He wasn't even looking at his hands, he was looking you in the eye. Though he stared at you, he never looked at you. Maybe it was the private setting, or the fact you could only see so much of him, and yet it was more than ever before, it.. Something in you flipped.. Changed.

"Du bist sehr hübsch.."

You.. You don't speak german. But the way he said it made you.. nervous.

He opened the drawer next to his bed and placed the medium sized blade inside. And looked back to you, no longer making eye contact. You didn't either. You tried not to look at his hands, you just looked at the floor.

"Do you feel better? I want you to know you're safe..."

All you did was nod. He took that as enough to maneuver back into his bed and cover himself up. He was laying on his side, away from you, so you did the same, only you looked towards him.

You heard him mumble a goodnight, you returned the sentiment

You were up at 6:30, just like you'd done for days prior, and walked out to the commons at 7:00 for training. König was asleep still, nothing odd there, but still, it was weird, everyone else was up and the captain was in gear, like they were preparing for something. Price walked up to you, looking you dead on. Fuck, you were dead, he knew you were there didn't he? Shit shit shit-

He place a hand on your shoulder and spoke

"Mission briefing in 10. I'll go get König and Gaz."

And with that he walked back towards the living area. He had no idea you already knew, thank fucking god. Your attention was drawn to the kitchen area, you walked in and grabbed yourself a granola bar. You were scared, even if you already knew. You tried to keep your mind off of that and on what König had said the night before. The team would make sure you'd be safe while on overwatch with lazwell. You were there in case of an emergency and these were professionals.

Ghost walked into the kitchen, crossing his arms and leaning against the counter next to you, looking out on the commons area just as you were. You only glanced at him before going back to your snack.

"Do you think you're ready for a mission?"

You shook your head no, no verbal response from you, however Ghost did him back. He agreed, most likely. He put his hands on the counter and pushed off of it.