Chapter 1

Author's Note~

Story takes place one year after graduation.

All events and relationships are subject to change inside the main story.

Don't get too comfy.

Enjoy! 🌸

~~~~

"Ugh-!" Katsuki stomped through the streets of Musutafu Japan, hands shoved tightly into the pockets of his hero costume. He hated the cold; he despised the whole damn season; it can all go to hell for all he cared.

'Stay with us as we cover this breaking news-' Katsuki lazily gazed at the television in the window of the shop he strolls by every day. '-on the plane-'

This time of year, was always too busy for him, with the holiday season causing a ruckus, the snow making it hard to keep his footing in battle, to make matters worse he always had to warm up before he could break a sweat and really get into the fight.

It was awful.

Katsuki softened his gaze, the crunch of the snow under his boot as he continued his way through the street. You always made this dreaded time more palatable. The home he shared with you always smelled of cinnamon, the festive décor you forced him to help with left a warm glow for when he entered the apartment after a long patrol shift, giving him a sense of home.

Your love of watching the snow fall from the clouded sky, the way you gazed upward to the stars—your annoying habit of getting distracted by the twinkling lights everywhere—maybe this season wasn't so bad, but he wasn't going to openly admit that.

"Wow-!" An exhilarated voice turned Katsuki's head. "-you-your Pro-Hero Dynamight!"

"Damn right." Katsuki held his famous sneer turning to the young teenager who hopped over.

"Ca-Can I have your autograph-!?" The teenager ripped his bookbag off his back, stumbling over his movements to pull out his notepad and pen. "-pl-please!?"

"I don't see why not." Katsuki shrugged, playing it off but in reality, he loved it when he met his fans, when they asked him to take pictures and autographs made him feel like a real hero.

"Thank you so much!" The boy with wide brown eyes glowed up at his hero, Katsuki scribbled his name on the piece of paper, light snowflakes attached themselves to the page, soaking it in spots.

"Stay in school-" Katsuki went to end this interaction, he may enjoy this sweet side of hero work which he didn't get to see often, but he had a job to do; one he needed to get back to doing.

"I'm surprised to see you out here." The boy mindlessly commented, shoving his notepad back into his bookbag, excited to show off to his friends tomorrow at school.

"Hah-?" Katsuki tilted his head, "-and why would that be?"

"Uh-" The boy swallowed the lump in his throat. "-be-because of the accident last night?"

"What accident-?" Katsuki crossed his arms—the best he could with his hero gauntlets on—while leaning closer to the kid. "- and why would I care?"

"Th-The accident wi-with Pr-Pro-Hero Five?"

Katsuki's heart skipped, eyes widening at the mention of your hero's name.

"What happened last night!?" Katsuki stepped forward, causing the boy to shake in his boots as the six-foot something hero loomed over him. Katsuki's brain racked itself. He didn't get a call or a text from you last night, but that wasn't uncommon.