Chapter 25

Liam's POV:

"So...Mind telling me what this is?" I somewhat expected something a lot more concerning to appear - Yup, this is concerning.

"..." The dragonkin only stared at me blankly, still not showing any ounce of emotion whatsoever. The giant monster chained up behind him though...

What I'm looking at is the very Kaiju that Etherea allegedly "killed" when the monster broke out of an S-class gate.

Gates are...rare to say the least. Each one is different from the last. Each with different ways of clearing them. I've heard of gates pinning friend against friend. As well as the gate forcing a person to live their whole life again just to wake up outside the gate with the sufficient clear reward. Games aren't the only things that appear in a gate. Monsters, other worlds, a majority of gates have these monsters. Failure to clear a gate means that the gate will overflow and spew out monsters into cities and towns. Heroes handle the dungeons, but the hunters are the official government group that clear and help whenever a dungeon has a breakout. Hunters are the people that usually have useless or limited abilities in society, and rely on the magic that Estrion still has. I really don't get why people ridicule the Hunters when their heroes are cowards. They hesitate to kill a villain and send them to prison, giving them a chance to escape.
I know that it's their moral code, but not thinking of the villains escaping is just plain idiotic. While hunters are the ones who've set society today into a straight path of progression.

This conflict was put up to debate. Pinning the Heroes against the hunters. Spreading hate among the two sides.

I was really expecting this world to be peaceful, but that's just a lie.

'Ugh the elemental of light sent me the coordinates of this world back then. I wanted no conflict and a slice of life setting..Oh the snooper is staring at me.' I look at the dragon again. His blank eyes seemed to focus on something in my eyes.

It must be how his ability works. I mean, it is pretty obvious.

"..." He continued walking. His gaze now focused on the kaiju.

"Why are you keeping this here?" I ask.

"We don't have enough fire power to completely kill this thing. So we opted for another solution. Sedating it until we have the strength. " He pointed at the floor where several lines of glowing a light purple ...

"That's.. Blood." I think its my turn to stare at him.

"What blood is it?" I crouch down and look closer at the lines creeping under the kaiju. Purple color seemed to glow stronger the moment I got closer.

"Its own."

"Eh, Didn't you just said that you didn't have the strength?" I hover my palm over the glowing line.

"We didn't. It was Ether herself." He snapped.

"This kaiju should be S-Class right? You should have S-Class heroes to execute this thing."

"..." He stared at me again-

"Would you stop that?"

"..." He shook his head and raised his arm towards the beast.

Dark flames started to emerge from his palm, flickering everywhere.

'Is he trying to threaten me?'

"Uh, what-" The flames lashed at the dragon and slowly flicked at a small spot then recoiled back.

"Abyssal Flames: Burst forth!" He pushed closed his clawed hand into a fist and punched into the air. Making the flames shoot out where it touched the monster earlier.

Each ember quickly seeped into the thick scaley armor of the kaiju like water to a sponge.

"..."

Should I step back - oh, too late-

The spot where the flames seeped in slowly glowed brighter and brighter until-

*Boom!*

Smoke and dust filled the room, as the cavern shook.

...

"So, this place have any vents?" I turn around, meeting the dragonkin's glowing eyes."

'God, why does he have to stare at me like that?' I look down and suprisingly, the purple lines under me are still glowing.

"Huh, neat." I start to walk where the monster was restrained. The smoke now slowly revealing the silver-ish blue tint that the monster's scales displayed.

It's undamaged.

"That spell was at the level of SS-Class." The dragonkin said, his slow footsteps echoing throughout the cave.

I felt my mouth curl up as my tail slowly swished back and forth.

'A-ah~'

"Kuhahaha!" The dragonkin immediately tensed up, "Are you asking me to get rid of this thing?!" I yell out as my tail kept wagging faster.

"... Y-yes-!" He immediately straightened up and bowed. A common practice for dragonkin to honor deals.

"A new toy..." I managed to trail out, my excitement almost taking over.

"Sorry! Haven't really tamed anything that grows yet. It's exciting.." A new TOY!

"Tame??" He looked at me as if I was mad.

"What? Pretty sure you of all people know of taming beasts. I'll assume that you're atleast half a century old!"

He flinched again. "Heheh~ You're not the only one who has psychic abilities~" I tilt my head and smile. Truth be told, that was merely a guess.

"It is impossible to tame it-" I grab his muzzle, "Not if I have something to do with it!"

I quickly walk up the monster and disable the restraints.

"!!!" Before the dragonkin can reach me, one of the kaiju's eyes opened.

"NO!"

"AHAHAAHAA!"

...

Needless to say, that was a bad idea. The cavern now had a very big hole in the ceiling. Sunlight now illuminating the cavern.

And the kaiju? Well...

I look at the glowing cube floating infront of me.

"The monster is now contained, and if it proves to be able to break through, then I'll promptly eliminate it on the spot." I turn around and look at the dragonkin's dichromatic eyes staring at me.

"I-Impossible.." He fell to his knees, "Dozens of heroes sacrificed their life just to restrain..." He clenched his fists and slammed them down, making the rubble around him shatter into dust. 'I should stop him.'

"If only-" I walk up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. I couldn't really say anything. That and I don't know what to say.

"Who.. Were they?" My mouth felt dry. The excitement from earlier faded away quickly.

"My people, several retired instructors from the college, and the previous director." He said, his act now faltering as his body trembled.

"...I shouldn't ask this but... Where are they buried?"

I should do him a favor.