Chapter 31

Liam's POV:

I am fine. Definitely...

Everything's Fiiineee...

Yeah- no.

I just excused myself under the guise of me being exhausted after fighting Echidnus. Let's not forget that I didn't even bid goodbye to the others..

It's confusing to be honest...

"That Milo guy... He's pursuing Owen isn't he?" I mutter, not really liking the idea of competing for my mate. I mean, I don't have any experience in flirting. On other worlds, It isn't much of a problem to compete for your mate. To this world though...

"I can't win against that guy..." I felt my ears droop slightly as I slouch on my chair, my headphones blaring the sound of rain to my ears.

Natural noises from nature calm me down, but this time, it's barely working. It's probably because this is a very new situation for me.

Being an elemental, I barely get to indulge in relationships aside from forming alliances, friendships, and enemies.

Its just been going from another world to the next, saving universe after universe from utter chaos and then leave. A never ending cycle.

A cycle all living beings go through until they decay... Though I can remove myself from this cycle, it doesn't mean I can remove others... And even if I can, a single soul will forget it's past memories so it can move to its next life.

Birth, death, rebirth. That's all there is to it. The soul will forget past life after past life until it wears down and slowly decay over time. The cycle lasts for god knows how long but all I know is that it ends just as quick as when it it started.

If I do have Owen as my mate, then I'll outlive him and his memories. He'll forget me.

"He'll..." I felt my hands shake as warm liquid starts to flow down to my cheeks...

"How do you guys cope with this shit..." I mumble, burying my face into my hands as the tears flow keep flowing down...

My ears twitch for a moment as I remove my headphones and wipe the tears off my face and snout.

There's a presence behind my door...

"Come out Sterling.." I quickly cast magic to dry my face, but my eyes are evidently puffy from that...

I squint slightly, trying to appear tired as I quickly cast magic to ruffle my hair and fur as the door quickly opened, revealing this world's second strongest hero who has stacks upon stack, upon stacks of file behind him.

"Hey there handsome~ shouldn't you be in class?" He yawned, and in typical Sterling style, he still flirted despite his miserable appearance.

"What do you want now?" I fake a sigh as I smile inwardly. He's a really good friend, ignoring the flirting and him flaunting his two cocks whenever I accidentally catch him moaning my name while masturbating.

I already found out that he does that on purpose.

"Hah! I found your father-" I cut him off, "Already did. He's fucking his boyfriend out in an open field."

"..."

"..."

"...Was it hot?" I roll my eyes and look at him. Even though his flirting is absolutely annoying, he's a good guy when it comes to it. Even with his dirty mind.

"What? Shark finally got your toungue?" He smirked and used magic to levitate the papers behind him to the front of the TV.

"What are you doing?" I use a bit of magic to stop the papers from advancing as I shot a question at the shark.