S1.E4. Why I Dug The Holes.

*Dylan's POV*
Andrea and Amy went fishing this morning, and they said they were going to get us dinner. I am happy about that. Some real meat will be amazing. The canned stuff is not all that good. I saw Dale look over to Jim a lot. I think he is worried. I am too he's been digging for a while, and I am concerned for his health. "Hey, umm... Mr. Dale, do you think I should go check on Jim?" I asked. "Yeah, I'll go with ya." He responded. The three of us Rory included walked up the path to find Jim. I wasn't really sure what to say, but Dale spoke first. "Hey, you okay? You keep this up your gonna keel over out here." Jim didn't say anything. "Drink some water, at least." Jim didn't respond again, so we walked back. "I think he has heat stroke," I said, looking forward. "Heat stroke?" "Yeah my neighbour had it he hallucinated a whole wack of stuff," I said. "We will talk to the group. Don't worry." He gave a kind smile. As we got back, I saw Amy and Andrea with fish talking to everyone. "Mom, look. Look at all the fish." Carl exclaimed. "WHOA," Carl said in amazement. "I can teach you if you're interested," I said as we walked over. "Really!?" Carl asked. "Yeah, it would give me something to do. Make me feel useful. Plus, Rory likes looking at the water. Sofia can come too." I responded, since we've been at the camp I've gotten closer to Carl and Sofia. I never had any friends, so it was nice. Everyone is kinda messed up now, so me being weird is normal. Dale finally caught up. "I don't wanna alarm anyone, but uhh, we may have a bit of a problem." He motioned up to Jim and his whole collection. Most of the group went up, but I asked if Carl and Sofia could stay to help me with some homework.
"Why did you make us stay? I wanted to see what was happening." Carl pouted. "I wanted to see it too." Sofia said. "I think he has heat stroke. It can make people hallucinate. Didn't want you to get hurt if it got out of control." I said quietly. Carl smirked, "So, what you are saying is that you like us." I looked at him confused. "Of course I do. I wouldn't talk to you if I didn't. It would be a waste of time." Sofia smiled at me, and Carl wiped the smirk off his face, looking at me. "Really?" Carl asked. "Yeah, you are kinda my friends, right?" I asked suddenly a little self-conscious. "Not kinda. We are friends, best friends, as well as the other kids here. We gotta stick together." Sofia said. "Yeah, we can protect each other," Carl said. "Protect each other? How?" Sofia asked. "We stick together and don't let the dead things hurt us," Carl explained. "Until they all die or we do," I said. Sofia looked nervous. "We die," Sofia said, scared. Carl looked kinda nervous, too. "Of old age in our sleep peacefully." I smiled at them, and they smiled back. "We gotta protect him too!" Carl said happily, motioning towards Rory. "Yeah, he's so cute and sweet!" Sofia added. "Yeah, we will protect him too." I smiled down at him.

*Sometime later as we sat around the fire.*
"Pass the fish, please," Sofia said to her mother. "Man oh man this is good" Shane spoke to no one in particular. 'It's calm. It's making me nervous.' I thought as I ate my fish. They talked to Dale about his watch as Sofi, Carl, and I whispered to each other. Amy got up to leave when Andrea asked her, "Where you going." Amy looked at her for a second. "I have to pee. Jeez, you try to be discreet around here." She said. A little while later, Amy screamed. We turned to see walkers. I grabbed Sofia and Carl, who grabbed their mother's. "Come on! "I yelled, waking Rory. "The walkers are over there!" Sofia cried. "There is a ladder on the back of the RV we can get in through the sunroof and close the door we will be safe there," I said, pulling them along. 'God, I'm glad I put Rory in his carrier.' I thought. As we reached the ladder. The others were killing dead things, and the other kids went off with their parents. We got on the RV, and I gave Rory to Lori. "Here, hold him for a second. "Why, what are you going to do?" She asked as I dropped in through the sunroof on a walker. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter, stabbing it in the head. I saw another walker starting to come in, so I rolled the dead walker's body out the door, knocking them both out before shutting the door of the RV. "All clear," I yelled up to the others so they would come down. After a couple of seconds, we heard more gunshots along with screaming. Carl and Sofi were crying in their mothers' arms, and Rory in mine. "Get to the RV!" I heard someone yell. So I went to the door preparing to open it when people got here. The gunshots and yelling louder as they approached. It got quiet so I opened the door slightly. "All clear?!" I yelled out. "For now!" Someone yelled back. "Your Dad's back," I told Carl as I opened the door fully. He ran out and hugged him. "You okay?" Rick asked frantically, hugging him tight. "Yeah, Dylan got us to the RV." He said, squishing his face into his shoulder. Everyone stood quietly, looking as Andrea sob over her sister.
"I remember my dream now. Why I dug the holes."