S.2.E.10/11 Not A Father But A Dad.

Hey so this is going to be for episode 10 and 11 because they were both to short.

*Dylan's POV*
I walk in the house to check on Rory. Beth insisted he sleep on her bed surrounded by pillows. I walk to the front door and see Shane talking to Lori. He had his arm on her arm griping hard enough to bruise. "That baby is mine, Lori. Come on, can you really expect him to protect you." Shane said, making me twist around the house to hide myself. "It's not. Even if it is, it isn't. Rick is my husband. I love Rick. I messed up. Sleeping with you was a mistake, Shane. One, I don't plan to make it again." Lori said. "I KILLED A MAN FOR YOU! FOR CARL!" Shane whisper yelled. I sulked in a breath, trying to stay quiet. I knew Shane was dangerous, but killing a man. Lori was stuned in silence, looking at Shane with a horrified look on her face. She let out a chopped breath. "Oh my god." She backed up away from Shane, shaking slightly. "Wait, wait, Lori." Shane said, raising his hands in serender. As he let go, she ran. She passed me without even looking at me. I don't think she saw me. Shane chased after her, calling her name.

As he rounded the corner, he stopped and stared at me. "Who did you kill?" I ask, hiding my fear behind a mask like I did with dad. He stopped for a moment like it almost looked like a switch flipped in his eyes. Then he grabbed my neck, pinning me to the wall. "I didn't kill anyone, you hear me. You didn't hear anything." I could see my vision go white as he pushed on my throat. I tried to beath, then he lifted me up the wall and hit my head against it. Before he dropped me to the ground. "You heard nothing." He threatened again.

I stayed on the floor, lifting my hand to the back of my head, finding blood. I heard Rory crying. I stand up, and I head inside and grab him. As I head downstairs, I feel dizzy. I hold Roey tight to my chest and rub my hand down my face. I open my eyes and see Daryl, Glenn, and Meggie.

*Glenn's POV*
Daryl came up to us, looking around. "Hey, uhh... Meggie, right? You see my girl?" I was a little surprised by Daryl's frazing. I've never heard him say it. I always assumed she was like a daughter to him, but I never pictured his as the type of guy to say it. "Yeah, Meggie. I think she might be checking on Rory in Beth's room. I'll show you." Daryl nods to us following behind Meggie. As we get inside, we hear creaking on the stairs. We all look and see Dylan with blood smeared across her face, looking dizzy, holding Rory to her chest. "Oh god!" Meggie said, putting a hand over her mouth. Daryl runs up and grabs Dylan, taking her and Rory to the couch. He gently grabs the baby and looks at me. "Kid, get over here. Hold him a minute." I walk over and look at him. "I uhh... I don't know." I stumble over my words. He rolls his eyes. "Come 'ere," He said, pulling me over. "Here now, just like that, soport his head." He said, moving my arms slightly to hold Rory. "There. You good?" He asks. I nodded to him, and he moved over to Dylan.

"Bug? What happened to ya?" He asked gently, wiping her face with a damp cloth. Meggie handed him. "My head hurts, Baba." Dylan said deliriously. "I know, sweet girl." He said, gently checking the wound on the back of her head. She squirmed, winning a little. "Baba," "I'm sorry, Baby." He said, letting go and smothing her hair. "It's not bad head wounds blead a lot. It needs a bandage and disinfectant." He said. "She has a concussion." Meggie said before grabbing the first aid kit from the kitchen. She got the stuff out and fixed her head up before pausing. "Daryl, is that a hand?" Meggie asked, pointing to the bruse forming on her neck. "I'm going to kill them!" Daryl said, getting up. Dylan had tears forming in her eyes as she grabbed onto him. "Baba, don't go! Please don't leave me, Baba! Please, please, Baba! Daddy, don't go!" She bagged holding to his sleave. Daryl calmed immediately and gently picked her up, sliding underneath her on the couch. "I'm sorry, Bug, I'm not going anywhere, okay. It's okay." He soothed, rubbing her back as she calmed. Meggie gave a light smile before couching down to wisper to Daryl. "Don't worry about your baby. we got him. Just wake her every three or so hours to check if her condition is worsened." He nodded, and Meggie gently pushed me to the deck swing where we sat until dark playing with Rory. Until Rick, Sofia, and Carl came looking for Dylan.

*Rick's POV*
I walked to help Carl and Sofia look for Dylan something about some game they wanted to play. I see Glenn and Meggie sitting on the porch with a historically laughing Rory. Glenn looks up with a goofy smile on his face from his antics with said laughing baby. "You okay there, man?" I ask, trying to hold in my laughter. "I've never held a baby before!" He said with excitement. "Yeah? And how's it going?" I ask. "I didn't know if I wanted kids this morning. I want at least five now." I look over to Meggie, whose eyes look like a cartoons. "Five!" She said, looking at him. "What you don't want, kids?" He asked, looking at her with a tilted head. "Um.. I don't know two or three, maybe one day." I just shake my head at them. "I'm sure Lori will be more than willing to share ours when they come." I say with a smile. "SHHHHEEEE! Dad, it's a girl for sure." Carl offers his contradiction. I just shake my head. "Do you know where Dylan is? The kids want to see her?" I ask, smiling at our little group. Their faces darken. "There was an incident she's taking a nap with Daryl right now, tho." Meggie said with a nod to the door. "Okay, I'm just going to check on them. Can you both wait here? I don't want to wake her up?" I ask the kids behind me. They both agree and sit next to Meggie, who makes room for them on the swing.

I go inside and find Dylan sleeping soundly using Daryl as a pillow as he rubs her back. She has her arms rapped tight around Daryl and her face in his stumic. She has a bandage on the back of her head with a frozen bag of peas to her head. I can see a faint line of bruseing around her neck. I look to Daryl with consurn. "I don't know. She hasn't told me yet she been pretty out of it." He said, looking down at her. I just nod. "Are you okay?" I ask, not being able to identify the look on his face. "She called me Dad." He said. "What do I even do with that?" He asks, and I sit in the chair next to him and smile softly. "You make the same decision every man has to make when they find out they have a kid. You step up or step out." I say remembering when I found out about Carl. "I can't be someone's Dad." He said, looking almost panicked. I just chuckled softly. "Hate to break it to you, man, but from all I've heard, you've been one for a while." He just shakes his head. "I'm not her father." "No your not your her, Dad. Their Dad. Daryl, I seen a lot of shit parents in my time as a cop. You learn pretty quickly that there is a difference between a father and a Dad. You love them and protect them. You want what's best for them even when it's not best for you. You've been her Dad for a while. You minus well get the official title." I say. Just as I finish, we hear a little sniffing.

"I'm sorry." We hear a soft voice from Dylan say. "I didn't mean to call you that out loud. I won't say it again. I'm sorry." Dylan sobed out softly. "What are you talking about?" Daryl said, looking consurned. "I normally just call you Dad in my head when I'm sad or lonely. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'm sorry, please don't leave!" She sobbed, cluching his shirt tightly. "What? I'm not unhappy you said it. I just didn't know what to do about it. I mean you can call me that if you want. I mean, you don't have to. I've seen you as family forever. I" Daryl took a breath, closing his eyes for a moment. "Look, I never thought I'd ever have kids. Then I met you, and I held you, and I just knew I'd protect you forever. You've always been my kid, even when you weren't my kid. If you want me to be your dad, then I'm your dad, okay?" He finished saying more than I've ever heard him. "Okay, Dad," Dylan whispers. I get up and leave so they can have a moment. I think between the soon to be 5 kids and now 4 parents, we are going to be a little less out numbered.