S.2.E.9 Maybe A Girl.

(So I started writing this chapter and realized that because of the change of events, it's going to be short. Lori never left camp because Daryl and Dylan did. Glenn Rick and Hershel left early because of them, too. So I apologise if it is short but I hope you enjoy it.)

*Lori's POV*
It's been another hour, and I am getting worried. I see Andra walking by, and I go to stop her. "Hey, they aren't back yet. I'm going to check up on them. Do you mind checking up on Carl?" I ask, but just as she goes to respond, Shane comes up. "No, you are not going." He said in a demanding tone. "They might need help. I'm going to check on my husband." I say. We start yelling at each other for a bit before he calms down. "I will go after him. But first things first, I gotta look after you. I gotta make sure the baby's alright."
"You're having a baby!" I hear Carl say from behind me. I turn around to see Carl, Sofia, Carol, and Dale behind me with shocked faces. "Why didn't you tell me?" Carl asks, sounding vaguely hurt.  "Me and your dad wanted to tell you together." I say bending kneeling in front of him. I can't imagine having this conversation being anymore difficult. "So I'll be a big brother like Dylan?" I nod."Are you okay with that?" I ask, worried of his response. "Yeah Rorys cool and I have Sofi and Dylan. It's only fair that he gets to have friends, too." Carl says with a bug smile on his face.

Dale moves all of us inside. To the couch to continue our conversation. "Is it a boy or a girl?" Carl asks. "We won't know that until it's born." I respond with a smile. "Will I be able to feel it?" He asks. "Not for a while." I readjust on the couch to face him. "You must have a lot of questions, huh?. I say to him. "We never had the talk. I guess we forgot." I wisper to Dale and Andrea behind me. Carl looks confused for a moment, then looks at Dale. "Don't look at me. That's your father's job. Dale says, and suddenly, a look of realisation washed over his face. "What talk. Is this talk why Dylan laughed at me and Sofia?" Carl asks, sounding offended. "What are you talking about?" Carol asks, combing through Sofias hair with her fingers. "Me and Carl were asking if Dylan saw the stork when it dropped off Rory, and she laughed. We asked why she was laughing, and she said to ask our parents. I still don't get why she was laughing." Sofia said with a pout. It was quiet for a moment, and then we all started laughing. (With the exception of  Sofia and Carl.)

Just then, Rick,Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, and Dylan walked in. "What's going on?" Rick asked with a smile. "Moms having a baby, and they are all laughing at me and Sofi." Carl said with a pout. Rick looked over at me. "I thought we were telling him together?" Rick asked, looking a little sad. "Shane told us by mistake." Carl said. "Cool, now you know me, and Daryl got stuff for the baby." Dylan said exactly. "How did you know?" Carl asked. "Saw some prenatal vitamins." Dylan said, making sure to sound out prenatal carefully. She walked over and handed a green bear to Carl with a smile. "Your sister is going to need one to. Would give you the blue one, but it's Rorys favourite." Carl jumps up and hugs her carefully of the baby on her chest. "Big brother Carl sounds cool, doesn't it." Carl said with a laugh. "Yeah,"  Sofia said. "Maybe the stork will give me a baby brother or sister too!" She said exactly. "Yeah!" Carl said. Carol's mouth drops open, and her eyes go wide. Rick and Daryl look like they are holding their breaths to keep from laughing. Witch proved to be useless when Dylan laughs so hard that she starts crying. "Sorry, Sofi, the stork doesn't deliver to single people." She says through tears of laughter.

A while later, Hershel and Meggie go up to see Beth. Glenn, following soon after. The others soon went off as well. The kids stay inside with me, Rick Carol, and Daryl to have a little talk. Tho halfway through Daryl leaves. All and all, it didn't go too badly. Carl is grossed out. (His own words) Sofia seemed slightly disappointed that there is no bunch of birds in an office somewhere filling out paperwork and dropping off babies. Dylan seemed to understand the situation genualy but had some missing information. Rick believes her understanding of the concept came from what she overheard. Not something explained to her personally. I'm a little concerned about some of what she thought to be true, but Rick said he'll talk to Daryl about keeping an eye on that. After the kids went off to play.

Carol and I made some dinner. Soup in hopes they can get Beth to eat. The rest of the day overall was uneventful other than hearing Glenn tell Meggie he loved her by mistake. I wish Rick and I could have told Carl together, but it went okay, so I think that it's alright. I can't wait to meet my baby. Maybe this time it will be a girl.