S.2.E.5 The doll.

*Lori POV*
I woke up and immediately knew I slept in. I got up and went outside the tent. To put on my shoes. "Morning." I hear Dale say as he walks past me. "Good morning" I reply. "Can't believe I slept in," I say walking over to Carol. "You must have needed it. Feeling alright?" She asks uncaring she had to do our chores alone this morning. I feel guilty making her do everything when she has so much on her plate already. "Next time wake me, alright? Especially on laundry day." "I can manage. I had an idea I wanted to run by you." She says. "What's that?" I ask. "That big kitchen of theirs got me thinking. I wouldn't mind cooking in a real kitchen again. Maybe we all pitch in and cook dinner for Hershel and his family tonight. Kind of looking for things to keep my mind occupied." She says sweetly. "After everything, they've done for us, seems like the least we could do," I say and I can't help but think she must be the strongest woman I have ever met. "Do you mind extending the invitation? Would just feel more right coming from you," She asks me. "How so?" I ask a little confused. "You are Rick's wife. It sort of makes you our unofficial first lady." She replied. "Morning guys let's get going. We've got a lot of ground to cover." I hear Rick say from beside me. They go over a plan one of Hershels people even volunteers. I look over and see Carol crack a small. hopeful smile.

*Daryl's pov*
I just killed my dinner, I pulled the squirrel off the tree and kept moving I listen to everything the birds, the leaves, the horse clicking across the ground. I look over and see a doll in the lake. It looks like Sofias. I go over and pick it up realising I was right "Sofia! Dylan!" I yell out hoping they are around.

*Lori's pov*
"Mind your business Glenn," I say as I pass him slightly panicked. "Your pregnant," He says in shock. I place my bucket down and turn to him. "You can't tell anybody, okay?" I say turning when I hear Rick and Shane walk up the driveway. I look back to Glenn "You haven't told him yet?" He asks. Rick walks over to me looking upset.

"Is something wrong?" I ask concerned. "I just had a long talk with Shane he wants to call off the search." He responds I wave of horror runs through me thinking of Carol and those poor kids. "What do you think?" I ask praying he isn't listening to Shane. "What if it was Carl? Would you want us to keep looking?" He asks me. "If it was Carl yes I would want to know one way or another." I try to convince him. "Shane says my good intentions are making us weaker. That I can't make the hard decisions for the good of the group." He tells me, Shane has done this to Rick on occasion making him doubt himself. "They're all hard decisions," I say. "But maybe I'm holding on to a way of thinking that doesn't make sense anymore. He says it's math basic survival how much fuel, how much food, how much ammo. Not much room in that equation for being soft. It's pretty simple when you start thinking of life like that." I just stare at him as he panics I want to make him feel better, but I am struggling with what to say. This isn't Rick. "Hey. None of us were prepared for living life this way. You are making the decisions you can with the information you have. I don't see soft in that." I tell him holding his face gently. "Mr.Grimes. My dad wants to talk to you." Beth says walking up behind me. He nods to both of us and I give his arm a light squeeze of reassurance as he walks by me.

*Andrea's pov*
I'm standing on top of the trailer on look out. I don't care if Hershel doesn't want guns to be honest. I'm doing what's best. "What's with the Annie Oakley routine?" Dale shouts up to me. I just roll my eyes. "I don't wanna washcloths anymore, Dale. I wanna help keep the camp safe. Is that alright with you?" I asked not caring for his answer. I sit and continue to watch out when I see a walker in the distance "Walker. Walker!" I shout out. "Just the one?" Rick asks and I look through the binoculars. "I bet I can nail it from here," I say. "No No, Andrea. Put the gun down." Rick says. "You best let us handle this" Shane continues. "Shane hold up. Hershel wants to deal with the walkers." Rick says. Honestly, I don't give two shits what the old man wants. "What for man? We got it covered." Shane asks confused. They all run out as Rick says "Damn it." I line up the shot. "Andrea, don't," Dale says. "Back off Dale," I reply not caring what he thinks either. I take the shot and hit it. A smile spreads across my face quickly falling at the sound of Rick screaming no.

*Rick's pov*
I check out the wound and it only grazed his head. "I was kidding he says sarcastically. "Come on," I say as Shane and I pull him up. "Oh my god! Oh my god is he dead?" Andrea shouts out. "Unconscious. You just grazed him." I respond to her. "But look at him what the hell happened he's wherein ears." Glenn panics. I pull the necklace off a say "Let's keep that to ourselves." "Guys isn't this Sofia's?" T-Dog says holding up a doll.

*Carol's pov*
We all eat the dinner we prepared quietly. "Does anybody know how to play the guitar?" Glenn asks trying to break the silence. "Dale found a cool one, somebody's got to know how to play." He continues. "Otis did." Otis's widow replies. "Yes, and he was very good too." Hershel continues trying to cheer her up with happy memories. Glenn looks away in defeat. I can see him and Meggie pass notes like schoolchildren and it makes me smile. I brought Daryl dinner later that night. Grateful for all he's done for he's done for me and the kids. Then get ready for bed. Ready for tomorrow.