Introduction

A/N, I finished this story ages ago but if you'd like to read a better-written story, check out "Uniltira" You can find it in my profile :)) This one's alright too though and my style of writing progresses in the second book!

Siri'tri also known as "Iri" is a 17-year-old girl from the Metkayina clan. She lives with her family consisting of her mother Su'vi and little brother Rotxo. Their father Tom'aey passed away during a storm years ago while saving the Olo'ekteyan of the clan Tonowari when Siri'tri was only six years old. Eternally grateful for Tom'aey Tonowari took it upon his responsibility to train the eldest girl to be a warrior just like her father would have wanted her to be.

Siri'tri and Tom'aey had a short but great relationship, he was the only person besides her best friend who she could talk freely with. After her father's death, Siri'tri started masking her emotions with jokes and humor. The loss of a father and a husband is a significant change to the family dynamic but through their grief, luckily Siri'tri only became closer to her mother and brother instead of distancing herself. The family of three often visits Tom'aey's soul through the spirit tree at the ancestor's cove. His spirit is always delighted when his family visits him but he can't help but feel sad seeing his children grow without him.

Siri'tri was immediately a perfect fit to become a warrior due to her optimistic spirit and strong determination to honor her father and follow in his footsteps. During her first training with Tonowari, she already had astounding skills in hand-to-hand combat, agility, and strength. Physical activities like swimming, surfing, running, dancing, and fighting were when she felt the most connected to Eywa. Not only did she exceed Tonowari's expectations as a trainee at a young age, she officially bonded with a skimwing at the age of 12 years old.

Although she enjoys the duties of being an experienced hunter and warrior from a young age, she sometimes wishes people didn't have such high hopes for her. Her position in the clan has taught her to become more serious but at heart, she is a free spirit. She feels a desperate need to prove herself to Tonowari and is never truly satisfied with her accomplishments feeling like she could do better.

Siri'tri loved helping her people but sometimes after a long day of helping others, she felt like she didn't have time for herself. To help Siri'tri release stress her mother Su'vi introduced her to surfing. Nowadays she mostly does it alone but sometimes her mother joins her too. It's their way of bonding since Siri'tri doesn't really have a way with words of affection and other parts of their relationship lack.

When she was merely a toddler Iri quickly became friends with Tsireya, Tonowari's daughter. When Siri'tri and sometimes Ao'nung would train with Tonowari, Tsireya was learning healing and more spiritual education from their mother Ronal the Tsahik. While Iri is bold and more sarcastic even in serious situations, Tsireya is soft and very emotional in a beautiful strong sense. The two girls complement each other with their differences but also share traits... and a secret just between the two of them

____________________________________

When the girls were ten and twelve years old they wandered in the forest a little towards the middle of the massive island. They came across a clear pond surrounded by big trees and other plants. The area looked completely untouched since the Metkayina usually stayed near the reef and the island wasn't home to any predators. The girls immediately grew fond of it and made it their secret location. When they searched the area for any potential dangers they were shocked to find a crashed helicopter stuck in the branches of the biggest tree.

Iri already being the more brave girl in a way climbed the tree and found the old helicopter to be safe without any dangers. It was secured in place on top of the branches with vines covering it all over. After clearing some of the vines and leaves she helped Tsireya up and together they looked around it finding small seats and a variety of all sorts of objects. The helicopter had foreign letters "RDA" painted on different things but they didn't understand what it meant. Eventually, they found an old object that looked like a little box with a few buttons and a string attached to it. At the other end of the string, it separated into two with tiny buds hanging from them. Tsireya pressed a button and with a slight whirring, the thing turned on. Suddenly foreign music started to play out of the two tiny buds and after scaring both of them it started to intrigue the girls, especially Siri'tri. She immediately fell in love with the sounds of the calming instruments and a voice of a woman with a deep voice singing a melancholic melody.

Over the years Tsireya and Iri brought some of their things to the helicopter and made it like their treehouse. They discovered the little box to be some sort of a music machine where you could change little cassettes with different kinds of music in them. From the magnificent tree, you could see the whole reef and village but no one could see them. Safely surrounded by the leaves of the tree, the two young girls learned more about the strange sky people and their language. As the years went on they became more and more infatuated with their love of the music and would go on to learn what some of the words meant. They sang and danced together through many nights and days. Even after five years, no other soul knew about their sacred place and they intended to keep it that way.

Tsireya was satisfied with the information about the sky people she had from her father and the helicopter, but Iri couldn't help but feel a curiosity for more knowledge. She also wanted to explore Pandora more and see the other clans. Still deep down she knew that she loved the reef, her people, and her place in the clan and that she wouldn't change it for the world. But still, she felt lonely and desperately craved something new...

____________________________________

I hate this introduction but I can say with almost a 100% guarantee that the later chapters are much MUCH better.