Chapter fifteen; I beg

A/N, there's bad smut in the end so just a heads up. You can skip it even though imo it kinda adds to their relationship.

_________________________________

Her heart was beating fast when she walked towards
the Olo'eyktan and Tsahik. Her path to becoming a hunter and a warrior was at its end which meant a new chapter of her life was about to begin. That was a good thing but Siri'tri felt like she was running out of breath. This was the life she had lived for over a decade. Eat, train, eat more, train again, help people, practice, gossip, try to sleep, get up again...

It was a boring routine which she had dreaded for the longest time to end but it was all she knew. All her life she had wanted change and now that it was happening she was terrified. Her breath was shaky but she tried to keep her head up, it was her moment and she should enjoy it. She looked at the people around her.

"Where is he?"

"I need to see his stupid face or I'm gonna faint."

And there he was. Standing beside his family right next to the path that was made for her giving a thumbs up. He mouthed the words. "You're so cool, I'm gonna take a picture!"

Siri'tri was confused since she didn't understand the second part but she quickened her pace and made it to the front. The next few minutes went in a haze, she couldn't even process what was happening when she was given three new pieces to her songcord. A tsurak tooth, a bead made from the darkest green sea glass she had ever seen, and a big white pearl. She smiled as the beads were added to the string. Ronal then handed it to her and squeezed it in her palms.

"Smile!" Tuk shouted before Neteyam whipped out a machine and a flash of light appeared for a second. Siri'tri squinted her eyes because the light was so bright. All of the Metkayina looked at the two Sully children with a warning look and Jake ripped the camera from Neteyam's hands. Neytiri apologized to everyone and convinced everyone to continue. Siri'tri laughed at Neteyam who was looking anywhere but at his father on purpose. Jake grumbled and sent an apologizing look to Siri'tri who just waved back. Lo'ak took the camera from Jake's hands and snapped another photo, in this one Siri'tri was holding her soncord and smiling brightly.
"Come on son, you're out!" Jake grabbed Lo'ak by his arm and dragged him away. Before disappearing, Lo'ak did a courtesy which made all of the kids laugh but the smiles faded as Ronal glared at all of them.

Tonowari told the usual speech that was given every time someone completed their rite of passage. After that, Tonowari, Ronal, Tsireya, Ao'nung, Su'vi, and Roxto placed a hand on Siri'tri's shoulder. One by one everyone gathered around her forming a network of Na'vi. She was now a warrior.

After everyone separated, Tonowari spoke again. "Siri'tri it has been a pleasure to have you as my pupil and I will look back to these years with great pride. But this is not the end, in fact, it is quite the opposite. This is the beginning of your journey to becoming a great warrior and we want to gift you with a special garment. We are sure you will achieve many great things with this by your side."

He turned around and grabbed a long two-blade spear from a holder. He placed it in Siri'tri's hand and she felt like dropping it. Iri immediately recognized the blade on the other end. It was the one she remembered from the water when she heard the news. A beautiful sharp blade made from her grandfather's Tulkun's bone, a treasure her father had carried with him everywhere.

Siri'tri trembled but only the people near noticed it. They thought she was just nervous and happy. Only three people noticed something was off. Neteyam, Tsireya, and Kiri all shared glances and Tsireya signed.

"She is having a panic attack."

Neteyam looked ar Iri and it was obvious, her breath was shaky and she stood still like a statue.