Chapter five; Stupid hot

This song has actually nothing to do with this chapter but I listened to it while writing so I thought I would add it. I'm also making a spotify playlist for this book so if anyone wants to hear it, my spotify username is @hippihei I'm making it as soon as I can :)

_________________________________

"Wait... and go!" Tonowari counted as Siri'tri started running through multiple opponents one by one. He hadn't had the time to train her recently so to see where her skills were, he decided to do an ultimate test. He had gathered a group of hunters and warriors to help him they all knew Siri'tri so they were happy to help. Siri'tri would have to fight against each one before immediately going to the next opponent. Some of the older men in the group asked if it was too much but Tonowari just laughed. "Oh you just see, she's been doing this before she could write."

"Four done three to go." Siri'tri counted to herself before the next opponent launched at her.

"He's younger so be fast and don't waste your energy." A voice said in her head. Easily she dodged him before grabbing the guy's arm twisting it with her left hand and then pushing him to the sand. She wielded her spear holding it to his throat, but making sure she wouldn't hurt him. Tonowari whistled announcing the win and for her to move forward.

When Siri'tri was training she couldn't hear anything except her father's voice guiding her inside her head. It wasn't actually her father but from the first day of practice, her consciousness had made the voice sound just like him. It made her focus better, in fact, it made her face look emotionless. In sparring it was a good thing because the opponent could never know what was going to be her next move.

After zoning out for the next few rounds it was time for the last one. "Come on it's the last one you know how it goes. Attack, dodge, attack, then win, or keep fighting." Tom'aey's voice rang inside her head "Yeah I know". She looked at the woman a few meters in front of her, she knew her name to be Alani. She was one of her mother's friends.

"Come on girl what are you waiting for, getting heavy?" The woman laughed at her thinking that Siri'tri was already too tired. "What an annoying tone of voice, she's trying to aggravate you."

"I'm waiting for you. " Siri'tri laughed under her breath pointing at her face and snapping her fingers. The woman looked confused. Using the distraction Siri'tri had made, she slapped Alani on her side with the flat side of her spear. Then she kicked her in the head followed by a punch on the left cheek. The woman was a good fighter so unlike the others, she had the strength and the game wasn't over yet.

Out of the blue, she managed to pull Siri'tri's hair which was in a ponytail, and kicked her on the back of her knee. Siri'tri fell on her knees on the sand and from reflex, she swiftly took her knife from its strap and cut her hair in one motion. Now free, she spun around taking in a small distance from the woman. She took a quick breath before kicking again this time harder and straight to the stomach. The woman bent down and cursed. She read the woman's body language like a book. "Only a few more punches and she's gone, be creative kid."

____________________________________

"What is going on in there?" Lo'ak asked Tsireya and Neteyam who were walking behind him. They were exploring the forest on the east side of the Island after they had done breathing exercices with Kiri and Roxto.

Lo'ak heard voices from the beach near them, they went to look. Still remaining hidden in the treeline they could see Tonowari with a group of Metkayina's standing in a half circle watching something.

"What's happening, I can't see shit, let's go closer!" Lo'ak said grabbing Reyas hand and pulling her with him. Neteyam rolled his eyes at them and followed. From another angle, they could see two women fighting with the older one gripping the other's hair. In what felt like a millisecond a huge chunk of hair was flying in the air spreading around everywhere.