Chapter eleven; Kiss my ass

After Neteyam had made it out of his father's lecturing, he started to feel the bruising all over his body. Especially his lip that had been split.

When the Sullys had left, Siri'tri spoke to Ao'nung at the beach.

"Literally what is wrong with you? Is something up?  Calling Kiri and the others freaks! Are you out of your mind?" She tried not to yell at him. By now the others had left and they were still at the same spot.

They had been standing there for nearly thirty minutes but Ao'nung refused to answer. He felt bad about what he had caused. But he didn't feel bad for the Sullys, only for Siri'tri. He wanted her back and blamed her distancing on the new people. Deep down, he knew it wasn't true. Iri had always been doing things on her own. She had never even looked at Ao'nung in a romantic way yet still it was so easy to make it their fault. Whenever he felt himself getting frustrated he let it out in sarcasm making the people around him feel like they were not being taken seriously.

"Hello? You need to answer me because I'm not going anywhere before you give me a good reason to not beat your ass right now!" She raised her voice. The way he was just standing there like a stick was annoying. Suddenly a sly smile formed on his lips.

"You can beat my ass anytime princess." He winked at her. She was fuming inside and out. The voices outside started to muffle and all she could hear was her father's voice in her head. "He crossed the line Riri, if he was your friend he wouldn't say that."

"What did you just say to her?" Neteyam shouted running up to them. He had heard the conversation from a distance. Before he could do anything, he saw Iri launch at Ao'nung.

"Kiss my ass bitch!" She screamed.Iri was tired of his bullshit and gave up on talking. She knew violence didn't help in the end but this time he had disrespected her. 

"All that talking and all you can do is try to flirt? No fucking way."

Ao'nung fell to the ground on his back and Iri started beating him with her fists and elbows. She held him in place with her legs. Out of instinct Ao'nung tried to slap her face but regretted it immediately. Iri's eyes narrowed and she quickly got up before pulling him up too.

Neteyam knew better than to interfere and decided to opt for an awkward cheer instead. "You're doing great?" He grimaced when looking at Ao'nung's swollen face.

"Rule one, never make a strong woman angry, especially if she has weapons" Jake's voice rang inside Neteyam's head. "I agree." He whispered nodding his head.

Ao'nung was confused as to why Iri had pulled him up. His head was pounding and he couldn't see with his other eye because it was starting to swell. "Hey, now that you're calm, wanna reconsi-" She kicked him in the crotch as hard as she could and seethed. "You really thought I was done huh? If words cannot get through your thick ass skull, this better have." She finished hitting him with her tail as she turned around and started storming away.

Ao'nung was holding in tears and wanted to say sorry but then he saw Neteyam out of the corner of his eye and laughed. "What has he done to you? You're like a total bitch."

"I was about to ask the same question." She rolled her eyes leaving with Neteyam who was just standing in place at first. She slapped him on the side of his head he followed.

"Dude listen. You're free to mock me, but her? Come on, it's like you are begging to get killed!" Neteyam shouted at him before returning to Iri's side.

They were walking back to the village and while Neteyam was proud of her and trying to cheer her, Siri'tri was silent. Neteyam noticed her not responding and skipped in front of her placing his hands on her shoulders and looking her in the eyes. "What's wrong? You totally kicked his ass!"