Chapter twenty-four; I will do anything

This morning, some of the Tulkun's cries were heard miles away. Everyone had been doing their usual tasks when a group of Tulkuns nearly crashed into their village, they were in such shock that they couldn't explain, instead we were ordered to follow. A group of warriors along with the clan leaders and the Sully parents mounted their Skimwings and followed the disturbed animals. They led everyone outside the reef where everyone was met with a haunting sight.

Ronal tried to deny what her eyes were seeing as long as possible. She slid off from her Tsurak and went to sit on her dead spirit sister's fin. Everyone around her was silent waiting for her reaction but she was silent. "Her name is Ro'a" Tonowari told the Sully parents who were hanging their heads low. Neytiri could feel Ronal's pain as it reminded her of when she lost Seze, her Ikran.

Tears started to brim in Ronal's eyes as she leaned against her sister and spoke. "She was my spirit sister..." She tried to fight the sobs but it was impossible. "She was the composer of songs, much revered. We would sing together." She broke into sobs. Ronal glanced at Ro'a's baby that was floating lifeless under their mother's shelter. "She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf, the clan was so happy for her!" She turned to her mate and asked.

"What is this Tonowari?" No response was heard. "What is this!" She screamed her voice getting hoarse. Tonowari sat there feeling his love's pain and he regretted not listening to Siri'tri who had pleaded for him to take action. Siri'tri had a blank face. She had been right about something horrible happening. She was now fed up with their uselessness and spoke with a carrying voice turning to the mass of people surrounding the Tulkun.

"We cannot let this happen again. So many Na'vi have lost their homes, and innocent lives have been taken. As a warrior, I refuse to watch this slaughtering go on for any longer. We have to fight now, no more hiding!" She spoke intensely. The Metkayina around her agreed and Tonowari nodded his head and instructed everyone to go back to the village to tell everyone. Meanwhile, Jake and Neytiri dove under Ro'a's fin and heard a beep. They turned their heads toward the sound and saw a tracker. They looked at each other and fear started to cloud their minds.

_____________________________________________

The entirety of Awa'atlu was gathered in the heart of the village listening to what their Olo'eyktan had to say. The atmosphere was intense and people were ready to give the sky people hell.

"My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered by the sky people!" Ronal shouted crowd pointing at Jake. Many were doing Pukana to rile up the spirit, Tonowari included. "This war has come to us! We knew about this hunting of our Tulkun people, but it was over the horizon far away!" Tonowari growled. The Sully family was trying to explain something but they barely got a word in. Siri'tri was behind Tonowari, standing there with her spear in her right hand and her left one pounding her chest, ready to take action. "But now it is here!" Tonowari finished and the entire situation was getting messy. People were so aggressive, they could have taken over an entire fleet of sky people with just their spirits.

Neteyam was behind his father trying to calm people down. He glanced at Siri'tri who was just like everyone else, but then her gaze softened when she saw him. "What?" She signed with her brows furrowed. Neteyam seemed anxious. "People need to listen to us but nobody does!" He replied. Siri'tri thought for a second before gesturing him to show the tracker. "I don't have it." He looked desperate.

"You don't- you gotta understand how the sky people think!" Jake tried to chime in. "They don't care about the great balance." He spread his arms but some guy just shouted over him. "Now listen to him!" Neteyam commanded everyone but Siri'tri was the only one who calmed down. She went to stand by his side and grabbed his hand trying to make him feel understood. He squeezed her hand and they returned to the side next to Kiri who was nearly crying.