Peter and the Goose

One morning, he rose up early and got onto the beanstalk. He climbed, till at last, he came out onto the road again and up to the great castle he had been to before. 

There, sure enough, There the Giantness was outside the doorstep.

"Good morning, ma'am," greeted Peter. "Could you be so good as to give me something to eat?" Peter politely asked.

"Go away, Young man," said Jeniffer "Or my man will eat you up for breakfast. But aren't you the kid who came here once before? Do you know, that very day my man missed one of his bags of gold." said the Giantness.

"That's odd." said Peter. "I dare say I could tell you something about that, but I'm so hungry I can't speak till I've had something to eat."

Well, the giantness was so curious that she took him in and gave him something to eat. But he had scarcely begun munching it as slowly as he could when he heard the thumping noise. They heard the giant's footsteps, and his wife hid Jack away in the oven.

All happened as it did before. In came the giant as he did before, said, "Fee-fi-fo-fum," and had his breakfast of three roasted Leg of Lamb.

"Honey, bring me the goose that lays the golden eggs." Giovanni asked his wife.

Jennifer went to get the hen and brought it, He asked the hen to lay the egg, and "poof!" a golden egg appeared before him. After the hen did its magic trick, Giovanni laid his head on the table and snored till the castle shook.

Peter crept out of the oven on tiptoe and caught hold of the golden goose. But this time the goose gave a cackle which woke Giovanni. 

Just as Peter got out of the house he heard him calling his wife. "Jenny, What have you done with my golden hen?"

"What nonsense are you rambling about?" Jennifer asked.

But that was all Peter heard, for he rushed off to the beanstalk and climbed down like a house on fire. When he got home, he showed his mother the wonderful goose.

"Lay." said Peter to the goose and it laid a golden egg every time he said "Lay."