Esmeralda 's gift to Peter

He hadn't gone far when he met a beautiful Gypsy. "Good morning, Jack." greeted Esmeralda.

"Good morning to you Ma'am." Peter greeted the woman he wondered how the woman knew his name.

"Well Peter, Where are you off to?" Esmeralda asked the boy. "I'm going to Market to sell our cow there." Answered Peter.

"You look the sort of fellow to sell cows," said the woman. "I wonder if you know how many beans make five." Esmeralda asked.

"Two in each hand and one in your mouth," said Peter whose words were as sharp as a pencil.

"Correct, Young Man." said the woman, "Here they are, the very beans themselves," said Esmeralda and she pulled out of her skirt pocket five beans.

"You are so clever." the woman complimented Peter. "I don't mind doing a swap with your cow for these beans." said Esmeralda.

"Go ahead," said Peter. "Wouldn't you like it?" he asked.

"You don't know what these beans are, If you plant them overnight. By morning they grow right up to the sky." said Esmeralda as she explained her story to the boy.

"Really, Is it true?" said a suspicious Peter. "Yes." answered the woman. "If it doesn't turn out to be true, You can have your cow back." said Esmeralda.

"Fine by me." said Peter and he handed over Grace to Esmeralda and in return, she handed Peter the five beans.