Peter gets the Gold

Peter ran as fast as he could, and Giovanni came rushing after, and would soon have caught him, only Peter had a start and dodged him a bit and knew where he was going. 

When he got to the beanstalk the giant was not more than twenty yards away when suddenly he saw Peter disappearing like the winds of change.

When Giovanni came to the end of the road he saw Peter underneath climbing down for dear life. Well, the giant didn't like trusting himself to such a ladder, and he stood and waited, so Peter got another start.

"Save Me, Master!" cried the harp and Giovanni swung himself down onto the beanstalk, which shook with his weight. Peter climbed down with the giant following him.

By this time, Peter had climbed down and climbed down and climbed down till he was very nearly home.

"Mother! Bring me an axe." Peter yelled and his mother came rushing out with the axe in her hand. When she came to the beanstalk she stood stock still with fright, for there she saw the giant with his legs just through the clouds.

But Peter jumped down and got hold of the axe and gave a chop at the beanstalk which cut it half in two. The giant felt the beanstalk shake and quiver, so he stopped to see what was the matter. Then Peter gave another chop with the axe, and the beanstalk was cut in two and began to topple over. Then Giovanni fell down and broke his crown, and the beanstalk came toppling after.

Peter showed his mother the golden harp and the goose and after showing it off to her, The family sold the golden eggs. 

Peter and his mother became very rich that they were no longer poor and they lived happily ever after.

The End.