The Giant's Breakfast

He was a big man both literally and figuratively. At his silk belt, he had three sheep strung up by the heels, and he unhooked them and threw them down on the table.

"Here, Honey. Broil me a couple of these for breakfast." Giovanni said to his wife.

He smelled something was off. "Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman, Be he alive, or be he dead, I'll have his bones to make me bread." said Giovanni.

"Nonsense, dear." said Jennifer. "You're probably dreaming. Or perhaps you smell the scraps of that little boy you liked so much from yesterday's dinner. Here, you go and have a wash and tidy up, and by the time you come back, Your breakfast will be ready for you." she told her husband.

Giovanni left the kitchen and Peter was just going to jump out of the oven and run away when the woman told him not.

"Wait till he's asleep," said Jennifer, "He always has a doze after breakfast." she explained to the boy.

Giovanni had his breakfast. After that, he makes his way to a big chest and takes out a couple of bags of gold, and down he sits and counts till at last his head began to nod and he began to snore till the whole house shook again.

Peter crept out on tiptoe from the oven, and as he was passing the giant, he took one of the bags of gold under his arm, and off he pelters till he came to the beanstalk, and then he threw down the bag of gold, which, of course, fell into his mother's garden.

He climbed down and climbed down till at last he got home and told his mother and showed her the gold and said, "Well, mother, wasn't I right about the beans? They are really magical, you see."

So they lived on the bag of gold for some time, but at last, they came to the end of it, and Peter made up his mind to try his luck once more at the top of the beanstalk.