The Golden Harp

Days passed on and Peter was not content, and it wasn't long before he determined to have another try at his luck up there at the top of the beanstalk. 

One morning he rose up early and got to the beanstalk, and he climbed till he got to the top.

But this time he knew better than to go straight to the giant's house. When he got near it, he waited behind a bush till he saw the giant's wife come out with a pail to get some water, and then he crept into the house and got into the copper.

He hadn't been there long when he heard the "Thumping" sounds as before, and in came the giant and his wife.

"Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman." "I smell him, Honey, I smell him." said Giovanni.

"Do you, my dearie?" says the giant's wife. "Then, if it's that little rogue that stole your gold and the goose that laid the golden eggs he's sure to have got into the oven." said the Giantness and they both rushed to the oven.

But Peter wasn't there and the giantness went on a long rant.

"There you are again with your fee-fi-fo-fum. Why, of course, it's the boy you caught last night that I've just broiled for your breakfast. How forgetful I am, and how careless you are not to know the difference between the living and the dead after all these years." said Jennifer.

So the giant sat down to the breakfast and ate it. 

"Well, I could have sworn I saw him." muttered Giovanni and he'd get up and search the larder and the cupboards and everything, only, luckily, he didn't think of the copper.

After breakfast was over, Giovanni called out to his wife.

"Honey, bring me my golden harp."So she brought it and put it on the table before him.

"Sing!" exclaimed Giovanni and the harp sang beautifully. It went on singing till the giant fell asleep, and commenced to snore like thunder.

Then Peter lifted up the copper lid very quietly and got down like a mouse and crept on hands and knees till he came to the table, when up he crawled, caught hold of the golden harp, and dashed with it towards the door.

"Master! Help Me, Save Me!" exclaimed the harp and Giovanni woke up just in time to see Peter running off with his harp.