𝐜 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪.

𝐕

✮✮✮

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"So what you just let her go?" I heard Diego ask. Me and Dad were making coffee for everyone as Lila, Diego and Five were talking about a girl called 'Vanya'. From what I'd gathered, she was Five and Diego's sister.
"Well, Vanya had a lot to process." Five said, pacing. "She'll come around. I know she will"
"What about the guys that went after her?"
"The Swedes?" Dad and I entered the living room as Five spoke. Dad handed a cup of coffee to Lila whilst I took a seat on the couch opposite Lila and Diego. I placed the coffee on the table infront of us.

"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?"
"We don't."
Lila spoke up for the first time since their conversation had started, "Any idea who sent them?"
"Oh, I have my suspicions." Five responded, picking up the coffee, "But right now, our priority is finding Dad and getting answers, cause eveything else depends on it." He took a seat beside me as Diego spoke again.
"Which, for the record, I found him alr-"
Five cut him off, "And then let him go, before we could have a meaningful conversation."
"He stabbed me."
"I'm surprised he waited this long, Diego. We've all had the urge." Me and Lila laughed as Dad reentered with another two cups of coffee, one for him and one for me.
"Good one" Lila held up her hand for a high five, to which Five ignored and clicked his tongue.
"Good thing I know where Dad's gonna be tonight." Five started as I reached over and brought my own hand against Lila's. She smiled at the gesture before we both withdrew our hands. Five handed Diego a folded sheet of paper.
"Where'd you get this?"
"Found it at his office while he was busy stabbing you." Diego laughed sarcastically as they observed the sheet.
"You're never gonna let him live that down, are you?" I asked as Five smiled at me.
"Never."

"Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invite you to a gala." Diego began reading the sheet as I watched Dad's face distort.
"Hey, you okay?" I asked him as he stared directly at Diego.
"Wait, did you say Hoyt Hillenkoetter?" he asked him. "Are you serious?"
Lila gasped as Five asked "You know him?"
"We should go." Lila began, "Says there's gonna be a seafood tower."
"Really?" I asked as Lila nodded in response. "I wanna go!"
"No, Hillenkoeter is...is one of the Majestic Twelve." Dad began, ignoring me and Lila.
Diego spoke at the same time as me.
"God not this again, Dad!"
"The hell is the 'Majestic Twelve'?"
"What? It's a, a secret committee." I slid further down in my seat, bringing my legs up to my chest. "Uh, scientists, military, uh, deep state." Dad walked over to his desk and started looking for something. "No one knows what they really do."

"Wait so they're government?" Diego asked, sitting straighter.
"Shadow government." I turned back to Dad as he kept looking, "Yeah, Kennedy was the first president to try to push them into the light, but these guys are not to be trifled with."
"Hey, uh, Dad?" He hummed in response, "Think we could do this without the whole speech thing?"
"No, no let him finish." Five said, "I wanna hear about them."

I sighed as Dad found what he was looking for and showed Five. I leaned over to get a better view at the photo. It was of a group of men in suits, all sat around a table as if they were at a meeting.
"That's Hoyt, right there." Dad pointed to one of the men.
"I only count eleven" Lila gasped lightly, but not in a surprised way.
"Well, that's because they've only identified eleven so far."
"Who's the twelth?" Diego asked, peering at the image before us. Five looked up to meet Diego's eye as both of their faces turned to realization. Me, Dad and Lila looked between the two, and then to each other, trying to figure out what was going on. After a minute of silence, Lila finally stood up.
"So...if we're going to this gala we better get ready, huh?"

𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

Me and Lila were sat in my bedroom as she sorted through my closet. I'd let her borrow something for the gala since we were around the same height and she had nothing to wear. After a while of looking, she settled on a long sleeved teal dress.
"Hey, were you serious about coming?" she asked, slipping into the dress.
"I mean, it'd be great if I could, but Dad would never let me and I'm pretty sure-"
"I'm decent now" She interrupted as I turned back around.
"Wow, you look...amazing!" I smiled at her as she returned it and gestured for me to continue. "I'm pretty sure Five and Diego don't want me coming with you guys."
"I could convince them. Plus, I saw you last night, running from those cops." I could feel my face drop as she continued, "That was pretty badass."
"Wh- How?" She chuckled lightly.
"I was picking up something for Diego from the pharmacy when I saw you run past."
"Shit." Was all I could get out before I remembered something. "Don't tell Dad!"
She laughed again, "I won't, don't worry. Now, if we're going to convince the others, we better do it now."

We followed Dad and Diego into the living room. Diego was wearing one of Dad's old suits and Five was still in his uniform.
"I have a proposal," Lila began, gaining everyone's attention, "I think this little one should come with us." Lila waved to me as Dad immedately shook his head.
"No, no, absolutely not, I won't allow it." I shrugged at Lila as he continued, "There's no way I'm letting you sneak into a gala with the Majestic 12! You realise how dangerous that is?"
"Dad, please! You never let me go out anymore!" I pleaded, which was entirely false. Although I felt bad for guilt tripping him, I knew there was no other way he'd let me go. "Look, I can find out more about the Majestic Twelve for you! Please just let me go this one time"
He shook his head again as I sighed. I don't know what I was expecting but I wasn't surprised.
"I think she should come." Five spoke up, as Dad turned to look at him, "I know it's not my decision since she's your daughter, but I think it's a good idea if you let her. We'll keep her safe, I promise."

His sudden change in attitude was unexpected to say the least, yet I mouthed a 'thank you' to him before Dad turned back to me. He sighed before speaking, "Alright, you can go, bu-"
"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hugged him tightly before he continued.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do, okay?"
"Of course." I smiled, knowing that wasn't true at all, but he didn't have to know.
Lila grabbed my wrist, pulling me away, "Let's go get you ready then!"

✮✮✮

i literally love lila sm, i had to make her and y/n friends

like i said before, this book is gonna be a slow burn, but that doesn't mean there can't be innocent flirting (spoilers for next chapter)

also i like the idea of five falling for y/n first, and not the other way around so i'm gonna add some of his povs for future chapters, just so you can see his views of her :)

ily guys and thanks for reading !!

-eva xoxo