𝐨 𝐧 𝐳 𝐞.

𝐗𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  By the time I had finished crying, my brain was fuzzy and my body was numb. I'd lost plenty of people before, whether they left or died, but no one compared to this.

  Five had sat me on his knee, whilst he sat at the kitchen table. I didn't know how long we'd sat like that, him holding his arms around me, as I cried into his chest, but he never got up. He stayed the entire time. He stayed until I'd finally pulled myself together and apologized for the way I'd acted. For the way I'd blamed him.

  "I'm sorry..." I whispered into his neck, as he pulled my face away from him. He shook his head, swiping a hand across my cheeks to wipe the tears away.
  "Don't apologize." He said, sternly, "This isn't your fault. None of this is your fault"

  As much as I wanted to believe him, I couldn't. I just couldn't push away the voices telling me that it was my fault. That if I had just been here, he'd be safe. They might've gone for me instead...

  "You should rest," Five made an attempt to smile, pulling me off of his knee and leading me to my bedroom. I didn't have enough willpower to refuse, so I let him drag me to bed and tuck me under the blankets. He left in silence, leaving me to lie alone in the dark. I listened in as he began a conversation with Luther and Diego.

  "So I found a way home." Five's voice echoed from the bathroom, as I heard water running. My ears pricked slightly upon hearing those words. Home?

  I supposed I'd always known they weren't going to stay. I guess I'd just hoped they would though, as selfish as it sounds. We'd become close, and now that Dad was gone, they were the only family I had. And that thought sent me into another fit of hysterics, tuning out the sounds of their voices as I cried. Despite knowing he was in the room next to me, I couldn't bring myself to run to Five again. I needed him to hold me again, to make the pain stop, even if it was only for a minute. But I knew that if I did, it would only make it harder for them to leave. And I couldn't hurt anyone else. Not like I'd hurt Dad.

  So I remained curled up in the dark, silent tears flooding my vision. I could still hear their voices, but now they'd become muffled and quiet. I did, however, hear the slam of the front door, clearer than ever. This only made this whole thing more real. Now I really was alone...

𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

  A while later, I heard footsteps echo in the hallway. I jumped up, grabbing the lamp by my bed as a precaution, though I hoped it wouldn't need it. All I wanted was for it to be Five, for him to return and say he couldn't find a way back after all, for him to stay here with me. It sounded bad, but it was true. I didn't want him to leave so soon.

  As I stepped into the kitchen though, I saw it was Diego and placed the lamp down. He was attempting to haul Dad's body into a wheelbarrow.
  "What are you doing?" I asked. My voice sounded hollow and distant.
  "Shit, y/n, you scared me!" He jumped, still dragging Dad's body.
  "...I figured he deserved a proper burial."
  I almost smiled at his kindness before taking a deep breath, mostly to stop myself from crying again.
  "Let me come."

  He hesitated, debating on whether or not to allow me to tag along. After a moment, he nodded slowly, covering Dad's body with the same blanket.
  "Alright, then."

✮✮✮

𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  Y/n watched Diego as he dug a deep hole in the soil. The pair were in a random field, somewhere Elliot's body wouldn't be found. It gave them both closure knowing that he'd be safe there.

  Diego dripped with sweat, occasionally heaving a sigh as he dug. Other than that, they remained in silence. Neither could think of something to say, but they were comfortable like that. Nothing needed to be said.

  "Oh, good. It's you and your stupid face." Diego stated, causing y/n to look around in confusion. She spotted Lila approaching the two, and smiled awkwardly. She returned it as she continued towards them.

  "Weird time to garden."
  Diego glanced at y/n, who looked away automatically. He continued shovelling away the dirt though.
  "Can we talk? The truth this time." Lila said, seemingly uncaring about y/n's presence.
  "Oh, I know the truth. You used me, Lila. You're a liar."
  Lila smiled, "Oh, come on! What did I really lie about?"
  "Who you are," Diego began, as Lila slowly made her way over to where y/n was sat, "Who you work for, why you're here, what you want from us. That's all."
  "Yeah, but the rest was true."
  Diego remained silent, "Look, everyone lies, Diego...and I was only lying to protect you."
  He stopped and glared at Lila, his face twisted into a look of irritation.
  "Mostly."

  "Do you know how hard it is to trust people...when your whole childhood was bullshit manipulation?"
  Lila nodded slightly, "Uh, huh"
  "Then why would you do that to me?"
  They remained in silence for a minute, as y/n began to wonder if they'd forgotten she was there. Eventually, Diego forced the shovel into the ground and spoke.
  "Tell you what...I'm gonna finish this hole, save the world and forget we ever met." He stated bluntly, digging once more.

  Lila turned back towards y/n, beginning to walk away, before spotting Elliot's foot poking out from under the blanket.
  "Wait, is that..." She glanced at y/n, whose face displayed her dejection, before turning back to Diego. "Is that dentist-chair guy?"
  "Elliot." Diego and y/n spoke at the same time, though his voice was much clearer than her strained one.
  "Your Swedish buddies got him."
  "Oh, shit..." She glanced again at y/n, feeling her pain. "I liked that shit-muppet..."
  She took a flask out of her back pocket, unscrewing the lid and holding it out.
  "Well...here's to Elliot, I guess. Um...I'll miss his crazy theories...and I'll miss sharing his bed with you." She directed the last part to Diego, causing y/n to cringe. She thought it was sweet at first, how Lila cared, but it took an unexpected turn.

  Lila took a short sip from the flask and handed it to Diego. He hesitated before finishing it's contents in one gulp, and throwing it to the side.
  "We done now?"
  Lila spat out the clear liquid, as Diego began stumbling about.
  "Oh...balls..." He mumbled before falling backwards, unconcious.
  "Yup."

  Y/n rushed to Diego's side.
  "What the hell did you do?!" She asked, her voice sounded panicked and shaken.
  Lila took a few steps towards her, her grin dropping slightly.
  "I'm sorry in advance." She smiled, before colliding her fist with y/n's face. Her vision turned blurry as blood trickled from her nose. She fell back beside Diego, before everything slowly turned black.

✮✮✮

  hope you enjoyed this chapter !!
thank you all so much for the love and support you guys have given me <33

-eva xoxo