𝐝 𝐢 𝐱 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭.

𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I stepped out into the hallway, finding it empty. The pile of bricks had been moved, forming a sort of ring shape. I hoped that meant that Five was alive after all.

The house seemed too quiet for anyone other than myself to be here. I hopped down into the snow through the hole in the wall. There were footprints, but no sign of anyone. I wondered if it was all over, and they'd already made it back to 2019. I pushed that thought away, deciding to follow a group of footprints that led towards the barn.

I let out a sigh of relief as I approached, hearing voices inside. I stumbled towards the door as Lila's voice rang out.
"You don't know me, Diego." She said, as I leaned against the doorframe for support. My eyes shifted between the familiar faces before me, before settling on Five. A wave of relief washed over me. He was alive.
"Don't I?" Diego asked, stepping closer to Lila despite the fact that she held a knife up to his chest. The same one she'd used to stab me.
"Lila, I know that we can be your family..." Diego smiled to her, "...if you just let us."
Lila looked around at the faces of everyone in the barn, before I caught her eye. She seemed surprised to see that I was alive.

"Lila, you told your mom that I was your best friend," I began, gaining the attention of everyone else, "That may not've been true for you, but it sure as hell was for me."
Her lip quivered as she answered, tears in her eyes, "B-But I stabbed you. I tried to kill you."
"But you didn't," I chuckled, "I'm still alive, aren't I?"

I smiled reassuringly at her, before she looked back to Diego. I wasn't sure why, but I forgave her. Maybe it was out of pity, or maybe I did really see her as my best friend. Violet was great and all, but she'd never approve of me selling drugs and running from the cops, not the way Lila did. She'd said it was badass. She didn't judge me for it, unlike my other friends would've.

And that was my last thought before several bullets penetrated my skull. The life drained out of me as I fell to the floor, the sound of gunshots echoing around me. Everything fell silent and my eyes went black, as I took my final breath.

✮✮✮

𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Y/n leant against the doorframe, entering the barn again for the second time that day. In fact, everyone in the barn was reliving this moment again, although the only one who knew it was Five.

He sighed as he realized he'd managed to rewind time to just before the Handler entered the barn, shooting everyone inside. Five grabbed Y/n's waist, placing a hand over her mouth. He pulled her towards him, out of the way of the door, as her eyes widened in shock.