𝐝 𝐢 𝐱 - 𝐡 𝐮 𝐢 𝐭.

𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

  "Herb. Dot." Five greeted, as him, Diego and I made our way towards the pair.
  "Sup, Herbie!" Diego smiled, before the two of them began a handshake. I wondered when they'd found the time to make it, but I didn't question them.
  "Hey! My man." Herb replied, smiling widely.
  "It's good to see you guys," I grinned, Dot returning the gesture.

  "I can't believe it!" Herb sighed, after him and Diego had finished their handshake, "Is she..."
  He motioned his hand in front of his neck, before Five replied, "Really dead this time?"
  "Oh, yeah." Diego said, Herb sighing in response.
  "Now that the Handler's gone, what happens at Commission?" Five questioned, looking between the pair. Herb moved his mouth to speak, struggling to find the right words.
  "Just tell them," Dot encouraged him, leaning down slightly.
  "Well...we need to elect a new board of directors. But, until then, I, um..." Herb hesitated, pulling a face, "I've been voted in as acting chairperson!" He grinned proudly.
  "No shit," Diego muttered as Dot clapped her hands in excitement, "Congrats, Herbie, that's huge!"
  "I'm so goddamn nervous!" He chuckled.
  Five smiled supportively, "You'll do fine."
  "Better than fine. Herb, you'll do great!" I smiled, nudging Five with my elbow.
  "Oh, thank you!" He nodded, beaming. His smile seemed to grow wider by the second, causing mine too as well. Herb's joy seemed to be contagious.

  "Herb, we need a favor."
  "Oh, sure, anything!" Herb smiled warmly.
  "A briefcase," Five said, glancing over at Diego "Get back home, where we belong."
  My heart dropped slightly, hearing those words. I'd forgotten about them needing to leave. I tried not to ruin the mood though, keeping a bright smile on my face. I couldn't ruin this for them. That was the whole reason we'd ever met. They needed mine and my dad's help to find a way home. It was never personal.

  Herb and Dot both turned to face the mass of bodies spread across the field.
  "Take your pick," Herb said, motioning towards the countless briefcases scattered around.
  "Y/n, would you do the honours?" Five turned to me.
  I nodded, still faking a smile as my heart broke just a little more.
  "Sure."

✮✮✮

𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕 (𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄)

  I walked behind Y/n as she wandered through the field, looking for a briefcase. Herb and Dot had gone back to the Commission, and Diego had gone inside. It was just the two of us out here now, walking in silence.

  A part of me wished I could've stayed here with Y/n. I couldn't face the fact that I'd have to leave her behind.

  "What are you thinking about?" I asked, catching up to her. She simply hummed in response, clearly not paying attention. I tried again.
  "Y/n, are you okay? You seem...off."
  She slowed to a stop, purposely avoiding my gaze. It was silent for a moment before she sighed.
  "Five?" She looked up from the ground, finally meeting my eye. Her eyes seemed duller than usual, not that I stared into them or anything.
  "Don't forget about me."