Chapter 13: Her Name is Philippines?

<Author's POV>

"She's been missing for almost a hundred years."

Tears pooled under America's eyes. There's no way she would've died. If she died, her country would've been dead as well. She's only missing. That's the only logical explanation. Something or someone took her away. But what could live as long as an immortal country and be able to keep her locked up?

Nothing.

Second Players are out of the question. The others would've known if the 2P's did something. Especially if it had something to do a fellow nation. So, of course, cross out the insane sides.

Fading is also not an option. As stated earlier, she couldn't have died unless her country did. The only thing possible would have been a kidnapping. That's it. But humans don't know magic, and spirits tend to stay away from both humans and countries.

The clock continued to tick and tock. The rhythmic sound synchronizing with the Allies' anxious heartbeats.

"What is her name?" Norway asked quietly. His face was still stoic. Nothing. No emotion was portrayed on Lukas' blank face.

The Axis members exchanged brief glances with the Allies. Who should say it? It shouldn't be much of a problem since they basically told everyone everything. The girl's original guardian should be the one to tell. The G8's eyes all landed on the eldest nation, China.

Just then, the two large doorways opened.

"She's the Republic of the Philippines."

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Burgers aren't exactly the world's healthiest food. I mean, it's full of oil which isn't good for us to eat. So why do people, mainly Americans, eat these on a daily basis? I know for a fact that you would eat it even with the unhealthy facts in mind. I might as well give it to Maria. She's not as picky as me when it comes to lunch - or any meal for the matter.

I shoved the meaty fast food away. Out of sight, out of mind.

Lunch has been passing by at a snail's pace. A mere half hour has dragged on since the little incident with Charlotte. I eventually made it to the café while literally dragging an ecstatic Portuguese woman. And to think that was just thirty minutes ago.

My hands shook. The burger somehow appeared in my palms. Again.

"That's your lunch." Maria shoved the burger into my mouth. "Eat it!"

If she expects me not to choke, she must be crazy. Although I now know that this is actually an effective way of force feeding someone to eat food. I had to swallow the food - hesitantly, mind you. The food itself wasn't half bad. It was just the way they cooked it and the nutrition value of the burger. I would highly appreciate some Sinigang or even a raw tomato.

After finish up three whole burgers, the bell rang. Maria and I returned to our respective classrooms to finish off the rest of the classes.

As usual, the students were mingling with each other while waiting for the teacher. My desk was at the back most part of the classroom, next to the window. This is practically the best seat ever. Sunlight was just perfect here, slightly shaded by leaves even as they danced with the winds. A great view for spacing out during boring lectures.

Same old, same old. The last few classes only held the usual lecture, homework, and the occasional test reminder. It goes like this; Teacher greets everyone. Everyone returns it. Class starts then ends.

Repeat four more times and you have my remaining time in school completed.

The bell screeched out its final alarm as students cheered. Normally, I would've taken the bus. But with the day being Friday, I couldn't count on that. Today is normally one of the most traffic days. And during Friday's, I found that it is much, much faster to walk.