Chapter 25

What.

The actual.

Fuck.

A snort from America brought Philippines tumbling back to her senses, and she leapt away from Romano with a high pitched shriek, eyes wide. Philippines was absolutely mortified; she just kissed Romano. Every fiber in her entire being was burning in complete and utter embarrassment.

This was definitely worse than the time she tried pranking Netherlands. About halfway through her prank, Philippines had been caught shifting through Neth's drawers "like a pervert"—Netherlands' words, not hers.

All Philippines wanted to do was put a rotten tomato under his shirts, but—innocent prank or not—Neth kicked her out of his room.

Italy shifted awkwardly in place before moving to stand beside America who cleared his throat. America shifted his eyes to glance at a bright red Philippines, and he couldn't stop the frown tugging at his lips.

But it wasn't America who spoke, it was Italy.

"Fratello?"

Romano snapped out of his dazed state at the sound of his brother's voice, and a scowl had spread across his face, taking over his features in less than a second. Irritation took over his expressions in a quick second. Damnit, if it wasn't for Italy, he wouldn't have kissed a damn human! He didn't even like this one!

Though his anger was rising, Romano forced it down and took a calming breath as he shrugged off Italy's hand the moment it landed on his shoulder.

He shot a warning glare towards his brother and watched in statist action as Veneziano slowly withered away.

"What the fuck do you want, Feli?" Romano growled out. Oh, man. The thought of what had just happened came back to Romano's mind.

This was his brother's fault, but again, Romano forced his anger down before he could fully lash out. He knew it wouldn't be pretty if he took out his hidden gun. A shake of his head, and a quick stamp of his foot helped clear his mind. He had to remind himself that they were in a school. Full of humans.

Friggin humans.

Romano rubbed at his eyes, a sigh of irritation leaving his mouth. They'd probably be in some trouble with Germany and the others for running off like that. The thought caused Romano to smile, because, who gives a fuck about that damn bastard.

Anyway...

"Brother, are you alright?" Italy asked Romano.

"Of course I am, Feliciano." South Italy snorted. "Why don't you ask Random Bastard how she feels, hmm?"

Italy smiled widely (stupidly in Romano's opinion) at the suggestion. He was going to ask Katherine if she was okay and be kind and be nice and be the friendly Italian he is!

And so he did.

"Vee~ How are you, friend?"

...But in Italian.

Romano facepalmed. Why did Veneziano expect Katherine to know Italian?! Sometimes he just couldn't understand how he was related to such a dimwit. It was obvious that Katherine was Filipino, and what were the chances of her knowing how to speak Italian?

Next to none, was what Romano thought, so the look of sudden shock on his face was completely understandable....

"I'm fine, thanks for asking, Veneziano." Katherine replied with a smile.

Fucking hell. Who the fuck is this girl?!

Completely oblivious to his brother's growing confusion and anger, Italy nodded happily and hugged Kat. "That's-a good to know, ragazza. It's-a also cool that you can speak Italian! Si, Si! Very good, just like pasta~!"

America chuckled a bit and rubbed Katherine's head. "Phi here's pretty cool, huh?" He made little kissy faces at Katherine and winked. Katherine grew flustered.

"I-I... Shut up, Estados." She blushed even more and buried her face into her hands. "I can't believe you're my best friend."

"You love me~" America teased.

"No I don't." Was her muffled reply. "You're an asshole."

"You wound me, Phi. And if you didn't love me, you'd have walked away by now."

"Well, if that's the case... Bye!"

"Wait, what- Hey, come back!"

At this point, Romano and Veneziano were both completely lost in this conversation. Both were confused because, if they recalled correctly, just this morning, America looked like he didn't trust Katherine one bit. In fact, he looked ready to lock her in jail and force answers from her. But here the two were, acting like two... Long lost... Best friends... Holy shit!

Estados.

Phi.

Both were nicknames.

Estados for United States, and Phi for...

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry- hahaha- It's just- Your face- your face is so red, Piri! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Both Italians turned their heads in unison towards Katherine. The girl was shaking her head with her hands still covering her face, but there was something off about her. Romano and Veneziano blinked, rubbed their eyes, and gawked.

The something that was off was not Katherine. Actually, no, Kat wasn't even there. The girl America was talking to looked exactly like Philippines. The two brothers felt their jaws almost hit the floor.

What the fuck just happened.

Romano's head was spinning like a top. Nope, none of this shit could be real. He's lost his marbles. Maybe he was drunk and had a really long dream influenced by too much alcohol.

Yeah...

"If you're really sorry then stop laughing!"

... Nope, this shit's completely real.

"America, you asshole!"

• • •

Bruuuuuuuuuuuhhhh this chapter is sooooooooooo late and I'm soooooorrrreeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and its so shoooooorrrrrtttttttttt I hate my liiiiiiife.

Foooooooooooooooorgive meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Also to the two who PM'ed (PotatoBookWorm36 and XxInsane_FangirlXx I can't access my messages without my wattpad crashing qwq I don't know how to Do this so sorry, I decided to take out the beta reader thing. You two can still comment suggestions tho for the plot.

IM SORRY QWQ

Also new chapters coming up... One day. I'm not sure when but I'll not stop updating. Just... I won't be updating like before.

- Chesca