Chapter 18: Anime is Weird

=AUTHOR'S POV=

It was later on in the evening when the nations had retired to their current dwelling at Spain's private mansion. This was his personal little sanctuary in which he studied the unique culture of his little Pearl. Ah, yes. When he wasn't killing people, he was learning more about their culture. Alas, he was given strict orders to make the Philippines part of his kingdom.

Everything was going smoothly, until Philippines had revolted against him, breaking their bond and replacing it with hate. Such hard times. But that was all in the past; Piri had forgiven him a little over a hundred years ago. Although her disappearance half a century ago caused an uproar between Spain and America.

A search party was sent to search for the lost nation, but nothing came up. It was always a dead end, as if Piri, herself, was keeping them from finding her.

This had affected America mainly. . . All he wanted was to be her hero. . . Poor boy, he lost a good friend and trusted ally. Yes, they may have been at war and he may have lied to her, but it was because of his help that the Philippines' government hasn't failed completely. Free education, facility renovations, government assistance, you name it.

There were other who were affected as well by the disappearance of Piri.

Regret. . . Japan seemed like the bad guy, especially with how his country and himself were described in history books. But did you know that he and America would tie for their cruelty on the Philippines? The only difference was that America had done some good things to make up for it.

None of them have been able to truly apologize for their irrational actions and deeply regret it. They've waited for fifty years, now, and finally have a new hope which was the letter. But now. . .

"Spain!"

The former Super Power had heard his name being called from one of his balconies and dashed off to answer. Now, Spain wasn't one for getting lost in his own house, but he did.

So, here we have a wondering European nation trying to find the voice. Why did he choose to build a mansion again? Oh, yeah, he was filthy rich at the time.

Spain crossed a few more hallways and finally seemed to have located one of his balconies. There was someone on the other side and he knew it. Spain slowly turned the handle, to which the door unlocked.

Fresh sunlight seeped through the door's opening, momentarily blinding the kingdom. He blinked a few times and signed in relief when his vision cleared.

"Portugal? What are you doing here, chica. . .?"

That's when his eyes landed on Aquila.

• • •

Have you ever tried watching a new anime series for the first time and thought 'Hey, this looks cool.' And then a few episodes later you're like 'Wtf is happening. It's weird but I love it.' You were? Well, those were my exact reactions to a series called No Game No Life.

The series was so cool and seemed so serious. . . Then when Tet brought them into Disboard. . . Yeah. That's when I knew the series was going to be weird.

I wasn't mistaken.

Izuna is so kawaii though! I mean, come on. She's a freakin Warbeast Princess thingy! Kawaii! Okay, well, I'm getting off topic. The point is, I should watch more anime. I don't think watching Ouran High School Host Club and Pokemon would count me as an otaku. Yep.

Oh, speaking of anime, I haven't re-watched episodes ten and eleven of No Game No Life. I'm still waiting for season two, so don't judge. Okay. . . Youtube, check. Wifi, check. Time to watch!