⭬ Chapter III

༺ T H E  P I R A T E ༻

-------------------------

Captain Jack Sparrow was as notorious as Dic Turpin. A feared and dangerous pirate of the high seas, he had a long and trying list of crimes and offences that the Government would love to set right. He would consider himself one of the greatest as he hadn't been caught. Yet, he was struggling to commandeer a ship which was being watched by two buffoons. He was trying to distract them by telling an odd story of how he became chieftain to a tribe he stumbled upon when something caught his eye. 

A figure had fallen from the nearby fort, and was on their way to meet their death, either by drowning or the sharp rocks below. He noticed the dress that made the person sink into the ocean and asked one of the soldiers if he'd be saving her.

"I can't swim," he told Jack. 

Jack smiled at the other man, seeing if he would take up the offer. But when the guy just stared at him, he took off his hat and effects, saying: "Pride of the King's navy, you are. Do not lose these." He pushed his coat into the first man's arms and then claimed the rail, jumping over the ship's side. 

The water pulsed as Clara tried to keep herself afloat. The odd sensation pushed her back, causing her to stop circling her arms. She slunk down, fighting her own weight as her head went under. The medallion slipped out from her pocket and floated in front of her. Clara grabbed it, looking at it. She could feel an energy pulsing from it but she ignored it, trying to bring herself to the surface. However, the skirts of her dress worked against her, sending her further down. 

She was running out of air and soon would pass out. She started seeing black spots when someone she did not know came into view. His dark hair was long and his complexion was tanned. She used the rest of her air screaming at the suddenness of his appearance and felt the recesses of her mind go blank. Her eyes started to close as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled Clara up to the surface and to the dock. 

The two soldiers came running to help get the girl on the dock. They laid her down to check if she was breathing. She wasn't.

"Move!" ordered Jack. He dropped next to the girl, ripping her dress off and then took his knife out, cutting her stay off. But her chest did not rise still. Jack rolled his eyes, knowing he'd have to pull another risky move. "For the Lord's sake," he mumbled as he leaned down and pressed his lips to the girl's, pushing air back into her lungs.

Clara gasped, her eyes shooting open. Jack was still on top of her, he smiled but the clear worry was in his eyes. "Hello, darling."

Clara smacked his cheek, making him move off her. She opened the hand that held the medallion, it fell to the wooden dock with a 'clink' catching Jack's attention. He grabbed it, studying it before asking where she had gotten it from.