EPILOGUE

༺ A  N E W  B E G I N N I N G ༻

-------------------------

The men from the Black Pearl threw a rope into the water. Jack grasped Catalina by the waist and grasped the rope, the men hoisting them up. The two landed less than elegantly on the helm, Cata on top of the mischievous pirate. She rolled off him, laughing.

"What's so funny, darling?"

"I can't believe you did that!"

"Not I." He wrapped an arm around her waist. "We." His head up, finding Gibbs standing above them, smirking. "Weren't you supposed to keep to the Code?"

"We figured they were more actual . . . guidelines," he said and winked at Cata as he pulled Jack up.

A rush of gratitude flooded her. So they do listen at times. Jack helped stand her up and the crew crowded around them, the glee on all their faces. Mr Cotton handed Jack his hat.

"Thank you," he said as he put it on.

"Captain Sparrow," Anamaria said at the wheel, resting against it. She came over and dropped his coat on his shoulders. "The Black Pearl is yours."

She gently pushed him in the direction of the wheel and he took hold of it, smiling.

Cata grinned at her sister. "Thank you."

Ana crushed her into a hug. "Family is all we have in the end. We cannot afford to abandon each other, sister."

But their happy moment ended threw Jack's yells. "On deck, you scabrous dogs! Hands to braces! Let go and haul to run free!"

They all scattered to their posts, not wanting to ruin the already ruined moment.

"Not you!"

Cata, being the last to leave, knew he was talking to her. She slowly turned around, the tone of his voice scaring her. What had she down that was wrong? "Yes, Captain?"

"Come here." He gestured her forward.

Catalina went back up the steps and stood in front of Jack. But her position was quickly changed. She now stood at the wheel, hands grasping a spoke handle, her back pressed against Jack's chest. Jack fixed his stance and grip, one hand on her hip and the other encasing her much smaller hand. "J-Jack?"

"Shh, your place is up here with me now, darling Cata. Now . . . bring me that horizon," he whispered against her neck.

Shivering, she nodded. "Aye, Captain."

-------------------------