𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

♕

1X01, pilot

ON THE UPPER EAST SIDE the only thing that mattered about a person was what their last name was. There were four big names on The Upper East Side and you'd do well to know them. Waldorf, Archibald, Van Der Woodsen, and Bass. And now all four of them are back in the same city.

Hey Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here and I have the biggest news ever. One of my many sources, Melanie91, sends us this, "Spotted at Grand Central, bags in hand, Serena Van Der Woodsen." Was it only a year ago our It Girl mysteriously disappeared for quote, "boarding school"? And just as suddenly she's back. Don't believe me? See for yourselves. Lucky for us Melanie91 sent proof. Thanks for the photo, Mel.

Jasmine Bass dreaded coming to these kinds of parties. Her father, Bart Bass, says they for their children to make connections but in reality, it just gives Manhattan's Elite a chance to boast about their children and show off their accomplishments. You would think it's nice to hear your parents talk highly about you but on the Upper East Side, no parent brags about their children unless they want to strike up some business deal.

Eleanor Waldorf knew how to throw an extravagant party and only the best of the best were invited. Politicians, fashion designers, CEOs, the list was endless. Yet Jasmine Bass clung to the corners of the room like a wallflower.

Bart Bass was in a deep conversation with Calvin Hawthorne when he spotted his only daughter walking towards the buffet table.

"Jasmine,"

Jasmine cautiously lowered her chocolate-covered strawberry as she heard her name being called. She looked over and saw her father waving her over. She let out a shaky breath and made her way toward him.

"Calvin, this is my daughter. She is at the top of her class and is planning on attending Yale. Isn't your son looking at Yale as well?" Bart wrapped his arm around Jasmine's waist as he tried to put on a show of fake father affection. Something Jasmine was quite used to.

"My son is planning on going to Yale but my wife is filling his head with UCLA and Duke. He wants to play basketball, which is fine and all but he can't make a career out of it." Jasmine frowned at Calvin's words. A father shouldn't tear down their child's dreams, they should help them achieve them.

"Basketball is a very popular sport. Who knows what might happen?" Jasmine voiced but instantly regretted her decision when she saw her father's hard gaze. "But you're right, maybe he should find something more suitable for a Hawthorne."