𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

2x02, Never Been Marcused

"CHARLES, I THINK I can handle my own luggage." Jasmine rolled her eyes as her brother pulled her duffel bag and suitcase from her hands. She crossed her hands over her chest like a pouting child, watching him pass her bags to their chauffeur. 

Chuck turned around to look at Jasmine. He tsked his head with a smirk as he held out his hand. "We should be getting on the road." 

"Aren't we waiting for Nate?" Jasmine glanced over the driveway to see if their friend had arrived. 

Serena had decided to take the bus back to the city while Blair chose to ride with her new boyfriend, Marcus. Nate however was riding back with the twins. 

Jasmine was honestly ready to get back to a sense of normalcy. She was excited for the start of senior year. But she was also eager to get back home to her own piano. She had written a couple of songs over the summer that she wanted to test out on her own instrument. The songs didn't have lyrics, so they were basically just melodies. But she was still happy to play them nonetheless. 

"I've truly missed you this summer. I think it's the longest we've been apart." Chuck admitted. 

She was taken aback slightly by his confession. She knew that Chuck loved her just as she loved him. It felt nice to know that he missed her. This summer break was the longest the two had been separated. She missed him and his troublesome escapades. So she was glad that they were back together. 

A town car pulled into the driveway and Nate quickly stepped out with bags in hand. He walked over to the twins and placed his belongings in the trunk. 

"About time, Archibald," Chuck smirked. He opened the door for Jasmine and gestured for her to enter. She rolled her eyes and stepped into the car followed by Chuck and then Nate. 

Once the three teens were situated in the limo the driver pulled off. Jasmine placed her headphones over her head and listened to some instrumental music she had piled together over the summer. She had her notebook resting in her lap as she tried to create lyrics to go along with the beats of the music. Her pen clicked repeatedly as she listened deeply. 

Nate's eyes drifted over to the absentminded Bass. He took in her freshly tanned skin along with the new highlights in her chestnut brown hair. She seemed different than she had at this time last year. 

Last year she wouldn't have even been scribbling openly in her music notebook. Her skin wouldn't be tanned like it was now. Her hair would've just been the original color it had always been. It was as if she had truly stepped into a new light. She wasn't the wallflower she tried so hard to be anymore.