𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

♕

1x03, Poison Ivy

JASMINE STOOD IN front of her mirror adjusting the silk ribbon in her hair. It was Ivy Week and thankfully it was almost over. She gave herself one last once over in the mirror before she grabbed her purse and walked out. Stepping onto the busy streets of the Upper East Side, Jasmine went to hail a cab. Chuck had the limo this morning doing God knows what. As she raised her hand to signal a cab a town car pulled up in front of her. Before the window even rolled down she knew who it was. Hesitantly Jasmine walked to the other side of the car and got in. 

Bart sat next to her as he signaled the driver to go along. Jasmine sat next to her father without a peep. He had never driven her to school before not even when she and Chuck were in elementary school. He claimed that's what nannies were for. 

"I didn't think I would get an escort to school today. If I had known you were waiting for me then I would've been out sooner," Jasmine spoke softly as she glanced out the window. 

"No need. You need to look your best for today," Bart glanced over at his daughter as she played with the ends of her dress. "The Ivy Mixer today will give you a good opportunity to talk to Yale representatives."

Jasmine huffed as she nodded her head. Yale was all she and her father talked about. She didn't want Yale. She wasn't even sure college was something she wanted but saying that out loud would be like committing social suicide. Every child on the Upper East Side goes to an Ivy. But in reality, for people like her, a college degree is just like a handbag. Something to flaunt around.

 Music was what she wanted. It was her passion and her dream. She loved composing sonnets or humming melodies. Music was her safe place and she could turn it into a career if her father allowed her to. 

"Maybe we could consider Julliard as well?" Jasmine's voice was soft. She was nervous to ask but she just wanted her father to know that Yale wasn't the only college out there. 

Bart narrowed his eyes at her. "Julliard? Music is a hobby, not a career." 

The town car pulled up in front of her school that hosted the Ivy Mixer. Jasmine let out a low sigh as she moved to get out of the car. The driver opened the door for the girl and she quickly stepped out as her father got out from the other side. Her father stepped onto the curb beside her and placed his hand on her back. 

"You and Chuck will take over my company someday. I have to make sure at least one of you is prepared." Bart led them into the mixer.

Jasmine fixed her skirt as she entered. As soon as she stepped foot into the mixer she spotted Blair talking to the Yale rep. There was only one spot available and she didn't want it. She would gladly give it to Blair. But her father would make sure that the spot was hers. The Waldorfs were high on the social ladder but everyone knew a Bass trumped them any day in the business world. But Jasmine knew how much Blair wanted that spot. It was all she ever talked about when college was mentioned.