𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

♕

2x06, New Haven Can Wait

JASMINE WAS CURRENTLY trying to figure out a way to explain to her father that she didn't want to go to Yale. Yes, today was only a visit but for Bart, he would see it as the first step. She didn't want Yale.

"You need to get going if you want to make it on time." Bart strolled into his daughter's room without even knocking. He looked around the room to see Jasmine's suitcase lying open on her bed and clothes not packed inside of it. "Jasmine."

The girl tried to form a smile that could break even the coldest of hearts. But it's never worked for her before so why would it now? "Daddy?" Maybe that could work.

"Why isn't your bag packed? Charles and Nathaniel are waiting for you in the living room. The car is already downstairs. What is going on?" Bart ran a frustrated hand down his tie as he shook his head.

Jasmine wrung her hands. "I don't want to go to Yale."

"Well, I don't want to be standing in my daughter's room right now wondering why her bags aren't packed. We've decided on Yale, so you're going." Bart concluded.

"Daddy, please." Jasmine was going to pull out all of the stops. Even if she knew none of them would work. She had to try. "I just don't think it's for me."

Bart let out one of his signature disappointed sighs. "Don't think I didn't hear that you passed Joan Gates' challenging interview process. This along with your internship with Griffin Fox... I should have known letting you pursue music as a hobby would be a bad idea."

"I think I'm quite good. If only you could come and maybe listen to me play you'd understand why I'm so passionate about it." Jasmine stepped closer to her father. She didn't want Yale. She knew the one spot at Yale could be hers if she only accepted it. But that was Blair's place, not hers. She's never wanted it.

"Pack your bags, Jasmine. You will visit Yale and I'm not discussing the matter anymore." Bart ended the conversation right there.

Jasmine huffed and grabbed her clothes that were folded on the bed and tossed them into the suitcase. She zipped the luggage close and picked it off of her bed.

"Oh, father?" Jasmine remembered she hadn't thanked him yet.

Bart gave the girl a bored expression. "Yes?"

She gave him a soft smile. "Thank you for the gift. The heels."

"What shoes?" Bart raised a brow. "I didn't buy you any shoes."

Jasmine looked at him confused. She read the note. The shoes he had gotten her as a gift for her first day of school. "I-I uh, I got a box of shoes and there was a note and you signed it?"