𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

1x15, Desperately Seeking Serena

IT WAS THE worst time of the school year. SAT season, yay! Everyone was on edge except for one of the girls. Jasmine didn't mind the SAT. She found that the more you stress the more you mess up. She was a good test taker. So good in fact that Chuck had asked her to dress up like a man to pretend to be him. 

Currently, the young Bass girl sat in her suite with a pile of study books laying in front of her. She was passing every practice test she took. She felt confident in her abilities. Blair on the other hand was freaking out. She wanted to score higher than Nelly Yuki who was also fighting for a spot at Yale. Jasmine could honestly care less about how her father wanted so badly for her to attend Yale. She would gladly give up her spot to Blair. At the end of the day, she knew that her spot was guaranteed because of her last name. 

A knock sounded at her door. She stood up and made her way over towards it. She opened it to reveal Nate standing with her room service. 

"Since when did you get a job here?" Jasmine rolled her eyes at the boy. 

Nate smiled past Jasmine's obvious attitude toward him. "I was in the elevator and the caterer was in there with me. Knew it was your order from the food selection." He pointed to the various snacks piled up on the cart.  

With a small sigh, Jasmine stepped aside allowing Nate to enter. She was still upset with him about him letting Jenny blatantly use him to try to get at Blair. 

Nate pushed in the cart as Jasmine shut the door behind him. "You studying?" He noticed all of the books and papers on Jasmine's bed. 

"Obviously." The girl walked over to the cart and grabbed some candy from one of the bowls. She wanted some sweet stuff. "Why are you here?" She moved back over to her bed and plopped down. 

"Thought I could help you study. You know I already took the test." Nate explained causally. He had wanted to get into college on his own merits, not his family's name. 

Jasmine rose a brow. "I don't think you're honestly here to help me study." She had been thinking about the night outside of Butter since it had happened. 

Nate chuckled and ran a nervous hand through his hair. "I guess you caught me." 

"I have nothing to say to you, Nate. Until you stop letting Jenny walk you like a dog then there is no reason for us to speak." Jasmine slanted her eyes over to Nate. 

Nate let out a sigh. He watched as Jasmine tossed a few pieces of Skittles into her mouth. "It's not Jenny who walks me around like a dog, Jasmine. If anyone really controls what I do then it's you." Jasmine let out a chuckle as she rolled her eyes. He glanced down at the floor. "I'll let you get back to your studying. I'm sorry for bothering you."