6. The Unanswered Questions

"Life will break you. Nobody will protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with it's yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason why you're here on earth. You are here to risk your heart, to be swallowed up. And when it happens that hurt or death brushes are near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling around you in heaps wasting their sweetness. Tell yourselves you tasted as many as you could" ~ Louise Erdrich.

~*~

Blake's world shook to it's core. He couldn't believe his ears. Lucy was alive?
His eyes, all of a sudden, began to blur as if someone was stealing him of his eye sight.

"What?," Kristine shouted, baffled. Chlara's eyes widened in surprise. Eros walked towards them with trembling legs.

"Her.. her medical files say..," he began. Blake took the file from his hands slowly, an unknown fear creeping inside him. What had happened to her? Was she alive all these months? Blake knew it wasn't that simple. He knew there was some massive misunderstanding, or mistake, or something. How could he have been so careless?
Something had happened which wasn't supposed to be happening. And right now, his mind was a whirlwind, a snowstorm, a castle of confusion and pandemonium which no one but Lucy could calm.
If Lucy was alive, all his sorrows, all the dreams he had been hallucinating and all his tears would come to an end. He would feel her again, love her , smile with her all over again.

As Blake read the file, he felt his heart beating on all parts of his body. He felt weak, shivering, and had there been a pit behind, he would have invariably fallen into it due to his sudden misconduct and instability.

"What does it say, Blake?," Kristine asked. Eros was sat beside Blake in disbelief. The hospital had been careless, and in the heat of the moment Blake's face turned from pale blue to almost iron red. He screamed,
"We are going to the hospital, NOW"

"What? What exactly is happ-," Kristine began. Blake got up and took the car keys.

"Kris, I'll  explain everything on the way. Come on," Eros said, holding her shivering hand. She nodded. Chlara was too shocked to walk.

Blake drove the car in anger as Eros narrated whatever he knew to Kristine.

"Oh my God.. How?," she said, tears forming in her eyes.  Eros shook his head, disturbed to his core. What in the world was happening? They stormed inside the City hospital.

"WHERE IS LUCY?," Blake screamed at the receptionist. His voice echoed across the corridors, as if the roar of the jungle lion.
The lady immediately felt vulnerable, her eyes widening in fear. Blake had never been so angry before. It was a whole new scenario for everyone who knew Blake. He clenched his fist.

"I WANT TO SEE HER, RIGHT NOW!," he roared.

"I'm sorry, sir.. But the visitor hours have already passe-", the receptionist began.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR VISITOR HOURS! I WANT TO MEET HER NOW, DAMMIT!"
Blake lost control. His foundations were shaken, as if a sudden tornado had taken away even the little belief he had in life.
Sometimes, love transforms the calmest souls into the most violent beasts, the quietest of hearts into tumultuous beats. Love instills heroism, courage and strength in the person who perhaps could never imagine such a side of his. Love has such power. And such was the power Blake housed right now.

"Blake, please calm down," Kristine said, tears dropping from her eyes.

"Look, there has been a massive mistake. We have to meet Dr. Lee please," Eros said to the receptionist.

"We're sorry, sir . But the doctor is performing an op-,"

"I WANT TO SEE HER NOW, I SAID!"

"We'll wait for him, thank you," Eros replied. He turned and dragged Blake outside.

"I can't wait , Eros. I NEED to see her," Blake said, letting off steam.
When the train of his life had finally agreed to move its rusted parts, this sudden incident had broken the tracks.

"It's just for a few hours, Blake. Please be patient," Eros said.

"Be patient? I've been patient since 6 months now, Eros! I've died every minute and second of the day in her thoughts, in her memories. I've been living in a world which people claimed no more existed. But now that I've got an answer, now that I know she's not gone, no one is letting me see her? Does everyone think this is a joke? Why was she held captive?"

"I feel there was a misunderstanding, Blake."

Blake buried his face in his hands. His blue eyes shed tears as if rain out of a cloud.
People said love entails pain. But if such was the pain, he wished he never fell in love again. It was breaking him, as if throwing a glass from the sky.

It was only midnight when Dr.Lee arrived. Blake got up and walked towards him.

"What have you done?," he said, his angry eyes boring into Dr.Lee's.

The doctor looked at him, confused.

"What have you done to Lucy?," Blake said, trying to maintain his calm.

"Lucy? Lucy died," Dr. Lee replied.

"Then what does this file mean?," Blake questioned , getting increasingly impatient. He pushed the file into Dr.lee's hand. He read through the file and his eyes widened.

"Lucy Goodwin," Blake said. "You doctor Lee, have involved us into a massive mishap".

"You.. you know Lucy Goodwin?," the doctor said, surprised.

"I only know Lucy GOODWIN, do you get that?!," Blake screamed at him.

The doctor realized what he had done. He couldn't believe it. He trembled as he spoke," Lucy Goodwin.. she didn't die.... She has been in coma from the time she was bought her.. from the past 6 months....."

~*~~*~

😎🙈

Next chapter : The Mystery Unfolds.