19. We need to call them, Blake

" And the worst part is before it gets any better,
we're heading off to the cliff.
And in the free fall I will realize, that we're better off when we hit the bottom"

~*~

Lucy trembled on her seat. She was right, a huge vehicle from a distance was coming straight towards them at an immense speed.

"Dammit," Blake said, looking around, his pulse thundering.

Lucy's heart beat faster than ever before. A fear crawled inside her, sending chills round her back. The fear of the future, of instability, of uncertainty, of death.

"W..we need to do something, Blake," she managed to say, trembling. Blake backed the car, looking around, his forehead sweating. Lucy looked forward, her eyes widening in horror.

"TURN BLAKE, HURRY!" she shouted, tears of fear forming in her brown eyes and rolling down like stone in an inclined plain. Blake frantically turned the steering wheel, the wheels causing a loud shrieking sound. The road was too narrow to freely turn the car, it banged into a tree.

"MOVE IT, BLAKE! PLEASE!" Lucy screamed. Blake manipulated the controls, pressing his foot on the brake, the accelerator.

But it was too late now. The truck came crashing, straight into their car, breaking the windows, crushing it. It rolled on the street, causing an earsplitting sound. Blake and Lucy now, were bleeding. Blood flowed from almost every part of their skin.

"Blake...," Lucy whispered, as the car toppled over and finally came to a halt. "It... it..... will...."

The car burst into flames and both of them were pushed out because of the blast, and they landed on the ground. They were breathing.

Blake looked at Lucy, her eyes barely opening, her body now burnt and bleeding. He felt an excruciating pain crawling inside.  He felt as if a thousand hammers hit him in each of his joints, his heart was burning with the pain of seeing Lucy like this, yet again.

"We need to call them, Blake," he heard her whisper. Her face was now flat on the ground, which she was trying to lift but couldn't, because it seemed heavy from the pain. He reached for the pocket with bleeding hands. He could not do it. It hurt him, he had suddenly lost all the power that ever generated in his body. He looked at Lucy.

Her hopeful eyes bored into his oceanic blue eyes, motivating him to do something. He tried to grab his phone. It was broken. The screen had cracked, the buttons faded. It dropped from his hand.

Blake had never felt so helpless. Lucy's eyes flickered. She extended her hand towards Blake, getting hold of them, wanting to feel him around her. She was in a lot of pain, a tear of unbearable pain and exhaustion  dropped from her eye. Blake couldn't believe it. He was seeing it all over again, seeing her death, her pain. And this time, he was suffering from the same.

"Lucy..," he whispered, a voice so light, imperceptible. " I can't move."

Lucy smiled, a sad, pale smile. "Neither can I," she clasped his hand in hers tighter, "We did it together this time"

Blake's eyes moistened. Why does this happen? This pain? This sorrow? This helplessness?
Is this how death feels?
"I love you, Lucy"

"I love you too, Blake".

And, that's all they could say. They struggled, trying to keep their eyes open. No one came by, no cars, no people. Their bodies had given up already. Their muscles refused to move, their joints refused to shake even to the slightest. The nerves were now unable to transfer the oxygen their brain  and finally, their minds gave up too. They couldn't manage it anymore. The pain was intensifying, and finally, as the sky blushed red, they lost. The lost their lives, together, marking an end of their short, beautiful life, one which inspired and smiled at everyone.

~*~

Police sirens played on the streets. The sky was dark, no moon appeared that night.

Eros and Kristine dropped to their knees. Cold winds brushed past them, making them feel weaker than ever before.

"No.. please no", Kristine cried, keeping her head on Lucy's body. Eros couldn't believe his eyes.

"No....No..", he said, tears dropping from his eyes. He punched Blake's chest lightly.

"Get up, will you? What's wrong with you?", he shouted. Kristine sobbed, unable to stop.

"PLEASE! YOU CAN'T GO PLEASE!",Kristine screamed. "Please. Get up"

Mrs.Goodwin and Mrs.Halter froze on their tracks. They couldn't believe their eyes.

"The truck's brakes failed. The driver couldn't control it and, it came crashing into their car. The worst part is , I presume, they were breathing for quiet long even after the crash. They could have survived.", the officer informed.

Eros looked at the phone lying down on the ground. They were beginning a new life, a new journey. They were getting married. Then why?

Kristine sobbed with her head on Eros' chest. He looked at their lifeless body and tears dropped from his eyes.

Mr. Halter and Goodwin arrived. Their eyes widened in horror.  All of them sobbed, unable to believe whatever was happening. They couldn't go, not now, not ever.

They looked at both of them dead, wishing it's a nightmare, wishing for them to wake up from it. But life, sometimes is a nightmare. A nightmare none of us can escape from.

~*~~*~

Now, what do I say? ^^

Next chapter: Goodbye.

Please don't forget to vote and comment :)