20. Goodbye

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves" ~ Shakespeare.

~*~

Blake and Lucy's lifeless body lay in the coffin. The others weeped. The priest prayed.

"I want them back, right now," Kristine said, crying. She grabbed Eros' hand who was standing, looking down.

"What is wrong with you, Eros? They aren't dead, okay? They're joking. They're being idiots," she sobbed. Eros was quiet, absolutely still. He looked at them lying down in the coffin, still as a stone. Their white faces flashed in front of their eyes reflecting

Kristine kept shouting at them, at Eros and at everyone there who had accepted it. She was totally broke, the pain eating her from inside. Eros' pain just piled up with every silent minute that he passed. Finally, he said something that broke him down.

"Goodbye"

Kristine screamed, crying on Eros' shoulder. They weren't prepared, they weren't ready to say goodbye. But that, I think, is the thing about goodbyes-most of the time, they're unsaid and nobody is ever prepared for them.

Eros dropped to his knees and sobbed. Mrs. Halter held them both, tears dropping from her eyes.

Slowly, sadly, painfully, they saw their coffin get buried in the ground. For all they know, however, was this- they might have died but their love was here to live forever.

~*~

Eros and Kristine visited their grave everyday. They were buried together, under the same tombstone.

"Lucy Goodwin and Blake Halter:
No one can replace the place you have in our hearts. Thank you."

Eros sat on the ground and ran his hand through the grave.

"You were supposed to get married. Have a life, together. Why did you go?" he whispered. Kristine's eyes filled up again. She closed her eyes and their image immediately flashed in her head.

"They weren't our friends. They were more than our family," she whispered. "They were our blessing"

Eros pulled her close to himself. "I don't know how we'll be able to manage without them, Kristine."

"I don't, either"

"And I don't either," a voice from behind interrupted them. They turned to see Heather.

"Life plays games, doesn't it? Bombardes you with sorrows and pain when you're actually supposed to be laughing, to be enjoying. Good people are taken away like dandelions in the wind. Bad people? They rule like weed on a ground," she said, with tears in her eyes.

Eros and Kristine wrapped her into a hug.

"I wish they could live forever."

"They do, don't they? In our hearts."

The three of them looked at their grave. They were indeed thinking about the same people. Blake and Lucy. They pictured them smile, laugh, tease and cry. They pictured them live. They pictured them happy.

~*~

That night the two of them looked up at the stars.

"They are looking at us, aren't they?"

"Perhaps."

"Eros.."

"Yes?"

She shook her head. "I just wanted them back."

He hugged her. "I want them back too."

But at least love,
Found its way,
Amidst all the destruction and decay.

Just when has life been fair? When has life ever smiled at you without injuring you from the back? Blake and Lucy are just one story. Out there, inside the world, inside the galaxies and amidst the seas, lies the principle of life: break, and only then will you make.
Regain, recapture.
Love, relive.
Stay or walk away.
Fail, or "start over."
~*~~*~

"Because sometimes it's not about the happy ending.
Sometimes, it's about the story."

THE END.

^^ I don't believe that I've finally finished this. I feel so happy :D ( not for killing them, no).

Thank you so much to all of you who read this. :') It wouldn't have been possible without your tremendous support and love.

This question means alot to me.

How was the story?