12. Back To The University

unedited chapter

"There will always be people who will treat you wrong. Make sure to thank them for making you strong"

~*~

Lucy walked to Blake's place the next morning. Mrs.Halter smiled at her as she embraced her, and then led her to Blake's room.

"Blake'll be back in five minutes", Mrs.Halter said to her. Lucy nodded.

"I'll wait. Thank you, Mrs.Halter", she replied, smiling.

Lucy sat down on the bed as she looked around, swinging her legs. A small smile crept across her face as she remembered the night before.

Blake entered the room, and stood there by the gate surprised to see her.

Lucy grinned. "Hi", she said.

"Hey", Blake replied as he walked towards her.

"Blake, I want to go the university..", she said. Blake raised his eyebrows in question.

"To get back to studying", she continued. "We've missed a lot already".

"But-", Blake began.

"Please?"

He sighed. "Okay, we leave in half an hour.", he said. Lucy grinned.

"Thank you so much!", she said, and ran out of the room. Blake smiled.

But then, she returned, walked towards him and tip-toed and planted a kiss on his cheek. She smiled and ran outside again. Blake chuckled.

~*~

Lucy and Blake entered the university in silence. Lucy looked around and Blake smiled at her, realizing he loved her more every moment he spent with her. He looked at her with so much affection, so much love.

Mr. Woods walked towards them.

"So this is Lucy Goodwin?", he asked.

Blake smiled a little, ran his hand through his hair and nodded. "Yes, sir"

Mr. Woods grinned. "Well, Ms.Goodwin, you're a lucky woman. Mr.Halter seems to love you a lot, I notice", he said, looking and Blake and then walking away. Lucy smiled at him. He shook his head in embarrassment as she laughed.

"I'll leave you to your class", he said, holding her hand. She nodded.

And as they walked towards Lucy's class, all the girls glared at them.

Well, off course they would. Blake Halter was no more single.

~*~

During lunch, Blake and Chlara came out together. Chlara couldn't believe Lucy lost her memory. She stared at Lucy. Lucy smiled at her, unsure of what to do. Blake walked towards her, taking her hand, and they went to the canteen.

Kristine and Eros were waiting for them as they sat down, taking their food trays.

Kristine stared at both of them and smiled.

"What?", Blake and Lucy said in unison. Kristine shook her head.

"It's just that, it's so nice to see you two together again. It's like seeing the most beautiful couple again. I'm so happy", Kristine said. They smiled at each other, and talked for some time before Kristine and Eros left.

"Blake?", Lucy said.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. Thank you for yesterday. Thank you for making it all so beautiful and making it the best day of my life. I now know, Blake.. I now know.."

"Know what, Lucy?", Blake said, waiting patiently.

"I now know why I fell in love with you before"

Blake looked at her in surprise.

"You know, Blake. I'm really lucky to have you, to have loved you before. And I also know one more thing..."

"Hmm m?"

"I know I'm going to fall in love with you again", she said. Blake smiled, revealing dimples on his cheeks. All these months Blake had put his heart to sleep. Paleness of surrender had become the colour of his days, his emotions were fading into oblivion. But now, he was reviving, almost like the trees do, after a cold, resilient winter.And now he was ambushed with emotions. He was happy, content.

And as for Lucy, she felt easy, she felt secure, safe, loved. She loved the way Blake looked at her, made her feel secure in his presence , made her feel that he would protect and be there for her no matter what. She had found the man she craved for, yet again.

"You know, Lucy, when you were away, I wasn't there anymore. I had given up on myself, on everything.."

Lucy shook her head. "No, Blake. You know, aging wrinkles the skin. But quitting, it wrinkles the soul", she said.

"But now you're back, Lucy. Now I don't need anything. All I need is you. Thank you for coming back, for making me strong again", he replied. Lucy smiled at him, and the sat in silence for some time. And gradually, the bell rang.

~*~

That evening, Blake and Lucy sat down on the grass in the backyard. Blake had something for her. Lucy looked up at the sky. The sun was at the verge of going down, and the clouds were slowly taking it's place.

"Lucy?", Blake whispered.

"Yes, Blake?"

"I've got something to give you", he replied, taking out a small violet box from his pocket. He opened it and took out the ring he'd given her on her birthday,the one with a small "l" on it and extended his hand to give it to her. Lucy smiled.

She spread her fingers towards him and he slid the ring into her finger.

"Just thought of giving the rightful person her rightful gift. Some things look prettier in your hands. Actually, everything is more beautiful when it's with you.", he said, looking into her eyes.

"Thank you, Blake", she said, smiling, blushing a little.

Blake shook his head. "Thank you, Lucy", he replied, smiling.

They looked up at the sky changing from yellow to pink as the sun went down.

"Beautiful, isn't it?", Lucy said.

"Yes, it's beautiful", Blake agreed. Only, this time, he wasn't looking at the sky. He was looking at her.

~*~~*~

Short chapter, I know :P Sorry! But the next chapter will be longer, and more eventful ^^

Next chapter: Go with her cycling!

I hope you liked this chapter :D

Please vote and comment!