Chapter 2.

Student Research

Student Research

Sneaking into Weems office after school hours you managed to get into a cabinet marked with old students. You had Thing be the look out for you as you began searching the said cabinet. Until you came across her file. Grabbing it you didn't immediately place it into your bag instead you stared at it longingly. Your fingers tracing her name as if she was a glass antique.

It won't hurt to look at it, won't it? Shrugging your shoulders to yourself, you opened it for your greedy eyes to see. Information laid on display for your viewing pleasure. Seeing her full name. Her birthday. Her parents name. Her old phone number. And her photo. She looked lovely. You couldn't help but stare at it. Though a word from just below affiliation was of Nightshade.

Closing it, someone from behind whispers in your ear, "What are we doing—" Before they could finish their sentence you elbowed them in the face. Ready to fight them. "Shit. Hey it's just me princess."

Lowering your guard you stare at the person. "Xavier?" You sigh heavily. "How did you get in here? Thing was guarding the door?" Lowering yourself to the ground, you picked up the dropped file and the discarded papers that slipped from its grasps.

The boy points towards the door. "He let me in. Said something about you looking for a file."

You simply shook your head, placing the papers rightfully in its place. You didn't say a word as you placed it into your bag. "Shouldn't you be in bed?"

"Shouldn't you?"

You head towards the door, sneaking around. You didn't say anything in return. "Is it your file?" He asks you quietly as the both of you tiptoed out of the principal's office.

"No it's my..." You frowned. Was she technically your mother or was she just a random person that had come to give you life only to leave you in its harsh conditions. What was of her reasoning to do that to you? When you were just a couple of months old. There had to be a reason, wasn't there? "It's the person that gave birth to me." You said instead.

Xavier hums in acknowledgment. "Want any of my help? I'm told I can be very sneaky."

"I'll manage."

"Where to next, moonlight?" He stands by your side as soon as the both of you are in the quad walking at a quick silent pace.

Raising an eyebrow you glance at him. "I can do this myself," You told him stubbornly.

He continues staying by your side. "And I don't doubt that." He says humming. Xavier shoves his hands into his pockets, never leaving you. "Now where to next?" He says again, his head tipping just a bit.

You shook your head, continuing onwards towards the Poe statue. There was something bound to be hidden in there. Something more. Snapping twice, Xavier right beside you questions, "You giving me the silent treatment?"