Chapter 1.

Funerals

Funerals

Shedding a different blood doesn't defy you as a person or your family. Blood just means blood. We all shed it. We all have it to sustain energy for our body. So why does it matter if you had none from those who raised you and call you their own?

The Walker family cried hard as they stared at the coffin. Rain pouring hard. Tyler standing just opposite of you, glancing your way every occasional two minutes. But you didn't even acknowledge him. Xavier was by your side, having his arm over your shoulder in a comforting way. Your hand holding Enid's as Ajax comforted her as well.

The four of you then left the funeral. Usually you spend these sort of things with the one who enjoyed them. Dressed as the odd one out rather than what everyone was wearing. The mood grim. But you simply watched as the coffin hit the ground then you and Wednesday were off. But considering your grudge against your sister you weren't letting it down that easily and the both of you were stubborn on letting things go.

You not wanting to be alone allowed Enid to crash in your room for the time being. The both of you left gossiping and talking about anything that came to mind. Which came to the topics of relationships. "So you and Ajax are a thing now?" You lean back on your elbows, laying on your bed.

Enid informs you, "Me and Ajax haven't defined our relationship." With a bouncing of her head, she brings up, "What about you and Xavier? You two seem awfully close."

"Me and him are just friends, Nid." You clarified.

She hums, "Really?"

"Yes, really."

"I've seen Xavier the entire time I have been here and he has never smiled like that towards anyone."

"Not even Bianca."

"... Okay maybe he has smiled like that." She corrects herself. "Only when they were in a relationship." She adds. "You two are a match made in heaven though!"

"I've heard from your blog." You then reenact a quote from it, "O-M-G (ship name) is totally going to happen! I caught them sneaking around school!" Enid gives a nervous awkward innocent look. "Which in truth, me and him were not sneaking, we were going archery to perfect our aim."

Enid nods her head, "Don't crush my dream... or my bet."

"Bet?!"

"I have a bet with Divina and Yoko. I say you and Xavier are going to date at the end of the semester. Divina says towards summer. While Yoko says never."

You scoffed at this. You could not believe those three had come to make a bet on whether or not you and Xavier were going to become a couple. It could never happen. It wouldn't. Right?  "You shouldn't place bets on people like that."

Enid defends herself, "I'm captain of this ship! That and I will get two hundred bucks."

Your mouth dropped wide open. "You betted on me and Xavier for two hundred bucks?" She nods her head. "Next time aim higher."

"So you and Xav—"

"We're just friends."

Enid mumbles under her breath, "Lies."

"That's it." You grab a hold of your pillow and whack her with it.

" You grab a hold of your pillow and whack her with it