Put My Focus Back Where It Belongs...

S8 E10- Hold Our Ground

So... love her or not...... Seager....

Let's face it, Stella knew and we knew.....that the O.F.I Lieutenant just gives off a bad vibe where the Squad 3 Lieutenant is concerned....

So did Stella ever say anything to Kelly?.....

*************

Stella couldn't help but curse under her breath as she got out of her car and saw Kelly leaning back against the front of a squad car.... and Wendy Seager. Her relief on hearing that he was o.k a few minutes ago was quickly bypassed by a surge of irritation and a little red mist, seeing the OFI Lieutenant, her hands resting around Kelly. Wasn't holding Kelly Stella's job?

Striding towards them, her face betrayed everything she had gone through on the ride after Boden had relayed that Kelly was trapped in the basement with the arsonist.

" Hey, You've got company." Seager saw Stella heading towards them and stepped back from Kelly, a little guiltily.

Stella ignored Seager and threw her arms around her boyfriend, feeling the familiar comfort of him as he automatically put his arms around her and buried his head in the crook of her neck.

"You scared the hell out of me." She said pulling back as he looked at her a little sheepishly.

"I'll give you two some space," Seager muttered, not being able to help but register how tightly Kelly had been holding onto his girlfriend, his eyes closed.
A sense of disappointment and jealousy stabbed at her. She wasn't going to lie, she had a 'thing' for Kelly Severide and had had from the moment she had first set eyes on him when she had gone to see him at firehouse 51, his blue eyes blazing in denial when she had told him about wanting him to join OFI. But even she knew that despite her trying pretty much every overt flirting tactic in her book while they worked together, he remained immune to her. Stella Kidd was one lucky girl!

Stella turned towards Seager, her eyes telling the other woman silently that her presence was surplus to requirements. And Wendy Seager was no fool. Stella Kidd had staked her claim.
Seager backed off a little awkwardly knowing that Stella had seen through her.

Turning back to her boyfriend Stella kissed him and then gave him an exasperated look.

"Seriously, can you stop doing this to me! My heart cannot take it!"

Kelly laughed softly, his eyes crinkling in apology.

"Sorry." He murmured in that way that always had her as putty in his hands.

Stella rolled her eyes in mock exasperation but inside she was just relieved that he was o.k. She was supposed to be going to shift but right now she had decided she wasn't going to let Kelly Severide out of her sight. And she certainly wasn't going to leave him to be taken care of by the over-eager Lieutenant.

"I'm taking you home so I can lock you up in the apartment to stop you from getting yourself in any more trouble "

"Yes, Chief." Kelly brushed his lips against hers and then. "Let me just go tell Seager, I'm going home."

Stella gave him the look that she used whenever she was skeptical but he just grinned back at her. Her pride wouldn't allow her to follow him to where Seager was, but that didn't mean that she didn't let her eyes wander over in their direction. Seager's disappointment was visible as Kelly filled her in. To give him his due, Kelly was not doing anything to give Stella any cause for concern but then again all he had to do was smile and most women could convince themselves that he had reserved it entirely for her.