Give Me Everything I Need

S8 ep 1.... Sacred Ground

I had a couple of requests for an insight into their 8 x 01 date night....

This is short and sweet... a small additional scene before they came out of the restaurant and ended up heading to Molly's.

<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<

"Kelly arranged a date night!"

Stella beamed into the cell at Sylvie, who gave her friend an indulgent smile.

"Oh Honey, that's great! You deserve some fun."

Sylvie was sitting in her kitchen in Fowlerton, her chin cupped in one hand, a wistful look in her blue eyes. She really missed Stella and all of 51. In fact, she missed everything about Chicago and right now the nearest she could get to her 51 family were these frequent face time calls that her friends made to her. She knew they were being thoughtful and she was so grateful but it also made her sad because she missed them so much.
Foster popped her head into the cell screen behind Stella, blowing kisses at Sylvie just as the sound of the bells broke into the locker area and both of the women turned regretfully to Sylvie as Truck 81 and Ambo were called to a house fire. They waved hastily to their friend and called out,

" Love you!" In unison before Sylvie shouted out,

"Enjoy date night!" And her face disappeared from the screen.

The next evening, Stella stood in front of the mirror in her apartment above Hermann's garage, and critically checked out her make-up and outfit.
She was so excited about this evening. They never really did couply things because there was never enough time in between shifts at the firehouse, his academy classes and Molly's shifts. Kelly wouldn't tell her where they were going for dinner, just that it was somewhere 'special.' So she had taken an age to choose what to wear, the bed piled high with outfits discarded as too casual, too formal or her just not feeling them. In the end she had chosen to go with an off-the-shoulder top and black skinny-fit pants that accentuated her long legs and had teamed her outfit with lipstick a deep red color to send the glamor up a notch.
A knock on the door announced that Kelly had arrived right on time so she grabbed her purse and headed for the door.

His long, wolf whistle pierced the air, his eyes dancing with all kinds of appreciation when he saw her, and she spun around to give him a 360 of her. Grabbing her hand he pulled her towards him so that she was flush against him.

"You look stunning, Stella Kidd." His eyes roved over her bare skin, his hands resting on her butt approvingly.

Well..I'm glad you approve Kelly Severide. It's not every day you arrange a date night, so I thought I'd make an effort." She was teasing him and he placed a light kiss on her exposed shoulder in response.

"I'm beginning to think perhaps we should stay in instead." He made to seek out her mouth but Stella pulled away, shaking her head.

"No..no no..." She pushed him backward out of the apartment. "You are not getting out of this so easily! I've been waiting far tooooooo long for this date!"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Stella's eyes were round.
"Oh wow! This menu is amazing! I think I want two of everything!"
Her love of food was only second to her love for her boyfriend and right now she was practically hyperventilating over the luscious choice of entrees she was reading out to him. Kelly had booked a restaurant that had featured in Time Out's top five fine dining in Chicago and Stella was very impressed!

Kelly laughed at her excitement. They were sitting at right angles to each other so it was more intimate than facing each other. He loved the expressive way that she portrayed her feelings, her face coming alive, her eyes shining with childlike excitement. He was really glad he had done this for her tonight because she deserved it, especially after the rough time they had all had following Otis's loss. Losing him had hit everyone hard and it had also bought home once again the fragility of their own and everyone else's mortality. Lately, Kelly had frequently found himself thinking about how much he loved Stella and all the things she deserved that he never did, like date nights. Not only had she lost Otis but Brett had also relocated back to Fowlerton with Kyle, and he knew that she missed her, although she never complained and tried to remain upbeat. So this was his way of trying to do something special for her.