You Were Made For This..

This was a request but forgive me... I remberered the request but not who asked me!! 😳

8x5 Buckle up.

We all know how much Stella hyperventilated over the future fire services leaders event that Chief Boden put her forward for. And we also know that she 'crushed it.' So when she got back it seems like Kelly missed her while she was away....

Little hot in places... reader discretion.... maybe...... 😉

♡♡♡♡♡

Kelly looked at his watch. She should be home soon if he had calculated it correctly. He was almost embarrassed to admit to himself how much he had missed her even though she had only been gone a few days. He had heard from her every day but it wasn't the same as her being within reach, whether it was here or the firehouse, even if it was just to touch her back as he walked past her or the brush of his fingers against hers when she was least expecting it. Standing by the windows, he watched the cars below negotiate the early evening homebound traffic, looking out for the familiar blue jeep. Stupid, he knew, but he thought he sensed her before he even saw the car turn into the Lofts parking lot, his heart doing an equally stupid somersault.

Stella got out of the car, and before she could think of getting her things from the trunk, Kelly was in front of her.

"Welcome back."

Her face broke into an instant, happy smile, her eyes lighting up.

"Hi!"

Their lips clung together for a warm kiss, arms going around each other.
Mmm.... he smelled good.

"I've so much to tell you." There was a self- satisfied smirk in her voice.

"Things got better?"

"Oh yeah." She said so matter of factly that it made him smile. "Crushed it. Never in doubt."

His face widened with an indulgent grin, blue eyes twinkling at a Stella who was 180 degrees from the one that had called him in the first couple of days, second-guessing herself about whether she should even be there. Of course, he wanted to hear all about her trip, but first, he just wanted to make up for the 'missing her' part. Had he known it, but at that moment, his face was pretty much declaring everything that he was feeling for her, eyes soft and tender, every facial line relaxed and beguiled.
Her bag forgotten, the course forgotten, she pressed herself closer to him and sank into his kisses and his very evident pleasure that she was back, letting him pull her back towards the apartment.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Then they chose me to be incident leader! I mean, there was only one other female there, and she was an officer! It was such a buzz for me, Kelly! I mean... they all voted for me!"

They were in bed, Kelly lying resting his elbow on the bed, chin in his hand the other hand idly playing with tendrils of her hair the evening sun heading west and casting shadows around the room as it called time on another day. She was sitting cross-legged facing him, naked, her fingers playing with the silver St Florian around his neck, and he was listening to her animated recounting of the course, but his attention was half mesmerised by her nipples and the way the dark aureoles sat in perfect symmetry with each other. There was always this wonder about Stella... The 100 miles an hour conversation and no awkwardness or shyness about her body or her healthy appetite for sex. It was an insane turn-on for him that she was as likely to initiate a carnal interlude as he was, and she did. Often. He loved her zest for everything, her job, her friends, and them. It was like being in a whirlwind of color and part of something that was so much more than the empty silence that used to hang around the Loft and to a large extent, over him, before Stella Kidd came into his life.

"I mean, it was hard. Not the physical aspect but the..the..you know ... the leading part.. I thought my head was going to blow up when I had to be the incident leader!" Her face was scrunched up, recalling not only the rush of adrenelin but the terror of getting it wrong, looking at him as if she was admitting to a crime.

" You were made for this, Stella."

"You say that, Kelly, but they were all officers. Except for me." Stella's forehead was creased, and he sensed her uncertainty about herself, which reared its head every now and then. It was like she couldn't quite understand why Chief Boden believed in her. He figured the roots of this lay somewhere in a past that sounded like belief in her was an absent commodity.

"You more than proved your worth by the sounds of it," Kelly countered, tracing her bottom lip with his thumb.

" This was such a big deal for me, babe....."

Dropping down onto her stomach, she turned her head on the pillow to face him.

"Thank you." Her brown eyes were solemn.

"What for?" Kelly brushed some of her hair away from her face.

"All the calls and listening to me rant.... the scuba diving lesson which you know you didn't have to do."

"I wanted to. And I knew you would shine." It was a quiet but sincere statement. And then. "I missed you, Stella." There was a helplessness in his words that stilled her breathing an earnestness in his face that he was sharing his deepest thoughts.

She was trapped in his eyes, in awe of his belief in her, and how this time round he had meant everything he had said about being a better man showing her sides of him that she had never known existed. This time, she didn't just feel like she was chasing a space in his heart but like she owned it.

He traced the curve of her back, her skin tingling along every inch that he grazed. Leaning closer, he kissed shut her eyes, and she half lifted her neck to meet his lips, for long moments, their mouths clinging and tasting each other.

"I love you." His hoarse words were murmured into her breath.

"I know." It was a whisper.

Stella turned towards him fully, her arms going around his neck, bringing him closer against her body, breasts pushing into his chest, the nipples hard and tight. One of his hands lost itself in her hair, holding her still. There was a warmth that radiated from her skin that heated his soul. They were so close that all they could see were each other's eyes, the dark rings circling their irises, his the sea on a sunny day and hers so deep brown they melted into almost black but peppered with sparks of light. They shared lazy kisses that were gentle touches, his hands curled around her ass, hers around his neck, fingers feeling out the small bones of his neck. He kissed the curve of her shoulder, the identations of her ribs, and every freckle that dotted her perfect skin. His knee nudged her thighs apart, and her mouth opened to let his tongue taste the soft full flesh of her bottom lip and then tangled with hers. Stella sighed. She was deliciously melting, the muscles between her legs pulsing and all thoughts of anything but him were forgotten.

He took it slow, knowing the friction of his movements against her clutching muscles was going to bring about her explosion. Stella rocked her hips, drowning with him, her mind and senses blowing from the intensity of what this did to her... from what him doing this did to her. Swallowing her cries he drove into her until, his own body shuddered with a broken groan, wincing when her nails raked across his back knowing that there would be marks there tomorrow but not caring because some primaeval part of him wanted to wear her loss of control on his flesh.