Chapter 7

"What did you do?" The man fumed. "I went for a walk and he started chasing me." You put it bluntly. Techno knew what Schlatt was doing, since he'd been surveying people for the past few days about the election and their citizenship. Still, it didn't change the point of his lecture. "Okay, what stupid little voice in your brain told you to go out on a walk, alone, without asking me or waiting for me to wake up?" He asked passive aggressively. "The voice that was bored, what part of your brain said to sleep in so late?" You matched his tone and hand movements as you talked. "Never listen to that voice again," He ignored your question and sighed. You sighed aswell. A small smirk made its way to his face, amused at how you copied him.

You followed him to the living room, where he grabbed his axe and re-tied his shoe. "Where are we going?" You smiled, ready to leave. "I am going out to get stuff, you're going to stay inside and out of trouble.

"That's not fair!"
"Deal with it you're stayin' here."
"Nuh uh!"
"Yeah."
"No,"
"Yes,"
"Why?"
"Cuz you'll get in trouble!"
"Liar!"
"It's true!"

________
Time skip: 30 minutes, you and Techno are going to a shop in a village outside of L'Manberg.
_______

"You're a brat." He looked at you, pointing his finger at you while his other hand was occupied holding yours so you didn't run off. "You're just a meanie," You back talked. "This is why I hate kids." He sighed. "This is why I hate adults." You responded. "I coulda killed you at my door," He rolled his eyes. You stayed silent, unsure of how to reply to his blunt statement. He didn't know what to say either, and just as he was about to use all his dignity up in one sentence to apologize to a child:

"Oooo what're they making?" You tugged his hand, sidetracked from the conversation. "Podium." He shrugged. "What's that?" "It's a place people stand on to talk about stuff." "What're they gonna talk about?" "Who gets to be a president." Techno rolled his eyes as you began to walk back in the direction you were supposed to be going. "What's a president?" You asked. "Someone in charge of the government here," He stuck his tongue out and pointed at it to show his disgust. "What's a government?" "They get power to control an area and its people. Sometimes they go takin' your stuff and oppressin' the people if they feel like it." "What's oh-press-in?" "Oppression. It's like being mean and not lettin' people to say or do stuff 'bout it." "Oh." You concluded your thoughts. "Are you finally done with your questions?" He sighed. "Mhm." You nodded. "Good, cuz we're here," He said as you arrived at a large village.