Chapter 17

The closer you got to the ravine the quieter the voices got, which seemed contrary to how it usually was. You noticed footsteps fall back away from you before you saw a pair of legs go up the stairs and out from a different, more developed entrance to the ravine. Once they were gone you tossed Otis down the side of the ravine wall, his plush body tumbling down the rocks. You sat on the ledge and checked the compass again, making sure it did in fact lead into the chasm below. 

You made your way down, wishing you'd seen the more developed stairway before choosing to go down the steep wall of the canyon. The rocks were now stained with droplets of blood from the scrapes and cuts you'd developed, including a sizable gash on your calf that had you wincing every time you landed on your right leg. As you finally descended down a small line of blood dripped in your path as you grabbed your stuffed animal. You then wandered around the path made of wooden planks and cobblestone, noticing deep strip mines with the occasional chest. You soon made your way the where the now cracked compass was pointing, which just lead to a point in the ravine in front of a wooden door in the side of the canyon wall. 

You were about to go in when you heard screaming and fast footsteps down the stairs. You ran down a strip mine quickly as the group seemed to approach.  By the time you'd turned around all you could see is a bloody mess of a man get dragged into the room you'd been approaching. Someone left and got bandages and such, they looked like a fox you'd seen in L'Manberg, or as the public nuisance "JSchlatt" calls it, Manberg. Someone followed them, before exclaiming something you'd yet to have realized. " 'S this blood from Tubbo?" A voice echoed. You recognized the voice, but due to the echo of the ravine you couldn't quite tell. 

Footsteps approached as you backed up to the end of the mine, having no choice but to take out your axe and hope for the best. They seemed to be following the blood trail from your leg, and you felt a sword pressed against your neck before you could turn around. "Adria?" You finally recognized the voice. 

"Techno?" You carefully turned around. He dropped his sword and you embraced him in a tight hug, which he lightly reciprocated with a pat on the back. He explained how when he went in for the festival, he saw the drawing you'd made and blood stains around it where most of the fighting had taken place that day, and he was worried you'd died. "No, Schlatt chased me and i got stuck on a big big wall and then I was in Schlatts house, and he didn't let me out, but Quackity did yesterday and he gave me this to find you." You rambled and gave him the slightly damaged compass. Technoblade turned over the compass to notice the lable of 'Tubbo' on the back, meaning Tubbo must've lost it somehow into the possession of Quackity. 

This snapped him back to realtiy for a moment, he'd forgotten about what he'd done to Tubbo.