Chapter Three

"Wil? You up, it's time for school" I hear Tommy say quietly. "Mhmm," I grumble "Get up, Dad has some toast ready for you, and Techno's driving us again today" why would he want to drive us again today, he only wanted to drive me yesterday to make sure I was good. I get up and walk over to my room to flick through my closet and find some clothes. I end up picking a white button-up shirt and throw a black crewneck over it, I then pair those with some black jeans, and head downstairs. "Dad!?" I yell to see where he is in the house "in the kitchen," he responds. I walk to the kitchen and sit in front of the plate with my toast on it which is across from Tommy whose eyes are still a bit red from last night,

"Morning," my dad says from over at the counter, I groan in response "how was your sleep last night?" my dad says, almost like he's batting around the bush. He too probably heard Tommy scream "It was good," he seemed to drop the topic and proceed with his cleaning "alright, dad, I'm off. See you tonight" I say and he nods "oh! No Will, wait. I'll drive you!" Techno yells from upstairs. "Are you sure, I know you have work to do during your spare'' he makes a shooing movement with his hand "meh, it's alright I don't mind" I shrug it off and walk to the door with Tommy to put my shoes on.

We pull into the school drop off and before I could get out my Techno pulled me back "Wil, remember to call if you need Anything, okay?" I huff "And why is it that you care so much today?" I snap for no reason "Uhm Listen, Don't get upset, okay? but Niki told me about yesterday and I was just a bit worried," what! Why would Niki tell him!? "No! Yes, I empathize that you're worried but there's no reason to snoop!" why the fuck am I snapping at him?! He has every right to be worried! "Um, Techno can you unlock-" Tommy begins to say but before he can finish I interrupt him "just shut up Trinity!" I yell but instantly cover my mouth, his eyes start to fill with tears and he opens the previously locked doors and climbs out of the car.

Tommy pov

Wilbur and Techno are in the front arguing and they've likely forgotten I'm here so I go to open the door only to realize that Techno has them locked, so I figure if I ask hell let me out "Um, Techno can you unlock-" I'm instantly interrupted by Wil but not with something I'd ever expect him to say "just shut up Trinity!" what? Wilbur just deadnamed me, the first person I came out to, the person who cried more than I did before, and after my surgeries, the person who skipped his band rehearsal just to come help me ask if I could be put on testosterone. The person! Who came up! With my goddamned name! He slapped his hand over his mouth but before he could say anything I pulled on the door handle only to realize they were unlocked. I open the door, bag over my shoulder, and run out of the car, my vision blurs and I feel tears rolling down my face. I rush past Tubbo and Ranboo "Tommy!?" Tubbo yells "Tommy!? Are you okay!?" Ranboo continues, but I keep running, to where I don't know. I bolt down a set of stairs and see a small crook under them, I slow my pace and sit down under the stairs, I curl in on myself and start to cry, painful sob wretches itself out from my throat and then the tears come faster and all the pressure I put on myself to be more masculine comes out in my tears, I faintly register the door to the stairwell open and two familiar voices are calling my name. Then I open my eyes to see Tubbo holding my hands and asking me things and Ran's on the floor with me and wrapped in his arms. "Hey, Toms? Can you tell us what's wrong?" Ranboo says interrupting Tubbo's questions on who it was and where they live, "u-um *sniffle* Wilbur, he-um, he deadnamed me" Tubbo's gaze softens and becomes more threatening at the same time if that makes sense, and he joins the hug, a beat passes before Ranboo begins talking "I realize that we are having a moment but the space is about to be filled with other loud people" he says and I tense up "what if we go to my sister's bakery? she has no lessons today and decided to open it up" Tubbo says, I nod but Ranboo seems hesitant "but what about attendance?" Ran asked and Tubbo swatted his hand "I'll just hack the system and change it later, cmon" he says and pulls us to our feet. And we begin the walk to Niki's bakery.