Chapter 4

Elizabeth POV:1680
All the memories from my life filled my head. All of the feelings I had rushed back to me. All of the love, anger, and sadness. I just wanted it to end. Soon I begin to feel my senses come back one by one. Eventually I find the strength to open my eyes. Everything felt so different.

I stand up and wipe the dirt off of my dress. I look at my surroundings.I was in a small room with no windows, a small cot, and a rusty looking door. I go over to the door and bang on it.

"Hello? Is someone out there?" I call. I sigh and sit on the cot. I have no memory of how I got here. The door begins to creak. Someone was coming in. The door opens and a young man enters. He takes out a knife and points it at his wrist. "What are you doing?"

"I have to do it." He states before cutting his wrist and walking towards me.

An intoxicating smell fills the room. I wanted it. I wanted to stop the burning sensation in my throat. I find my target. His blood. I knew that this was wrong, but I felt like I needed it. I hold his wrist and I could hear his heart beat faster and faster. I take a sip of his blood. I pull back and look at him. I feel something start to pierce my gums. I hiss at him before sinking my teeth into his neck and draining him of his blood.

I drop his lifeless body to the ground. An overwhelming amount of guilt hits me like a ton of bricks. I just want to cry my eyes out. I start to hear footsteps. I speed behind the door. A man with pale skin, blonde hair, and golden eyes. He looks over at me.

"Stay back, please. I don't want to hurt you." I beg of him.

"It's okay. I can help you." He tries to reassure me.

"You don't understand." I cry. "I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster." He states and holds out a hand. "Please, you can trust me."

After taking a moment to consider it, I take his hand. He leads me out of the room and into the streets. We walk for a little while before we stop in the middle of the woods.

"What are we doing out here?" I question.

"I know that you're scared, but I can help you." He tells me.

"How?" I ask.

"Look, the thing is.. I'm a vampire like you except a little different." He begins to explain.