Chapter 7: take all the time you need.

Clara woke up early, she got out of bed and left a sleeping doctor. The doctor rolled over in bed expecting to find Clara but she wasn't there, he called her name but he couldn't find her. He walked into the console room and found Clara was talking to the TARDIS. "You know you can be really nice sometimes, thank you." The TARDIS gave a low hum as if to say thank you back. The doctor came round the corner fully clothed to find Clara also fully clothed. "Morning miss Oswald" "morning" "is that it no hug or anything" he pulled a fake sad face an Clara went and hugged him. "What were you saying thank you to the TARDIS for?" "She didn't hide my room or my clothes today so it was easier to get ready" she smiled "Clara wanna go see jenny, Vastra and Strax now?" "Yeah!"
~at the house~
The doctor and Clara were greeted by Strax and walked the corridor to the study. When the doctor and Clara walked in Vastra was giving Clara some strange looks while the others chatted amongst themselves. "Strax, Doctor could we have some privacy? I just want to talk to Clara" "yeah won't be long okay Clara?" "Yeah, see you soon" Clara looked at Vastra confused but when the doctor and Strax had gone Vastra and Jenny looked at each other gave a smile and then looked at Clara. "You're looking well Clara" "thank you jenny, I am" Vastra looked at Clara who was nervously biting her nails "Clara? Why so nervous?" "hmm nervous I'm not nervous wh..why would you think I was nervous" "because of how quickly you said that sentence" suddenly Clara went pale "Clara are you okay?" Jenny asked placing a hand on Clara's shoulder "yeah can I have some water please?" Jenny nodded and left Vastra with Clara. "Clara..." She was interrupted "no don't you dare! The TARDIS has already spoken to me!" Clara snapped "it's the only explanation" "but it's impossible...isn't it?" Clara asked "Well it's never happened before but that doesn't mean it's impossible" Vastra answered. Clara started to cry into her hands "you need to talk to him Clara" but before Clara could reply jenny handed her some water. She took a sip "I will...how do I tell him though? This is huge!" "Thats up to you my dear" "I guess i will go and tell him then..." she l walked out of the house and pushed open the doors to the TARDIS and walked in to find the doctor and Strax talking. "Well doctor I wish you good luck with your primitive, Clara is a lovely boy!" " She's a girl Strax" "I am pretty sure it's a boy" "I assure you I am a girl Strax" they turned to see Clara laughing as she made her way down the corridor. "We will be in soon see you in a bit" "as you say sir" Strax walked out and the doctor went to find Clara. She went into her room but before she could do anything she had a pain in her stomach, she cried out in pain and the doctor ran in. "Clara!?" She was sitting on the bed "doctor" "what's wrong?" "I don't know I had a pain in my stomach but it's gone now it was probably something to do with..." She stopped herself "something to do with what? Clara?" Clara stayed silent her hand on her belly. "Clara?" "Something I ate...." He gave her a look "The truth please Clara! Lying gets us nowhere" she was quite for a moment. "I don't know what to say" She said crying again. The doctor pressed her into his chest and she eventually calmed down. The doctor broke the silence "take all the time you need."